sugarbowl mementos.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Feb 19, 2004.

1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

What are you fans doing to memorialize the game?

I received a sugarbowl coin as a gift and I am thrilled with it. If anyone is a coin collector, or just wants a really cool memoriable item, go to www.nokiasugarbowl.com and click on the first link on the menu on the left.

I got the replica of the coin that they tossed, it has "2003 SEC Champions" and the new tiger logo on one side, and the OK helmet on the other with "Nokia Sugar Bowl" over it (of course because they couldn't put champion of anything on that side).

Anyway, they are limited edition, and they have a National Championship coin if you prefer not to have the word "oklahoma" in your home. The true silver ones are $40 something, but if you want a gold plated one you can get it for $17. I think they are reasonable, and I love mine.

While I am bragging I also got as a gift one of the t shirts that the players got on the field, it even has JB on the sleeves. I haven't seen these for sale anywhere.

I am having my tickets from the sugarbowl framed with a small picture of us at the game with the celebration in the backgroud and above these the copy of the front page of the Times Picayune. (I preferred it to the Advocate's, as I live in NO).

I also have a gameday program and a Sugarbowl Media Guide that LSU put out.

I have never been more proud to be a tiger!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Bragging ... no way ... you EARNED it!

Spoil the hell out of ureself, I've gone plum nuts & will spend $50K

My mahogany desk and trophy case is being built and about 25% completed ... I drool on the raw mahogany every Thursday when I visit ... the handcarving in mahogany and the detail planned defies description ... Saban's bust, wooden carved Tigers with several devouring an elephant, the game scores, carved stats, wooden CG footballs of the Saban era, custom Crystal including a NC trophy replica with space for MORE ... an investment, a legacy and a masterpiece.

You can't take it with you ..........

3. NMTiger

NMTiger Founding Member

Holy crap Ramah,
    I thought that I was going nuts buying all of the stuff that I have. When all of that is finished you'll have to post some pics so us "poor" people will be able to see what you've made.

4. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member