Summing up LSU Basketball...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 7, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We still haven't beat any tyeams that are good yet, don't get to damn excited. If they continue to get better and cut and set picks and move the ball around well then they have a chance of becoming a good team. But let's see how we fare against the big boys before we go overboard with the I told you so's.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I wouldn't say we haven't beaten ANY good teams CD. Utah, Alabama twice, and Tennessee would count to me as pretty good wins. But we have yet to get that one "quality win" we can hang our hat on come Selection Sunday. We had a golden oppurtunity facing Mississippi State at home and blew it. We had another chance at South Carolina, and they shoot 0-FOR FREAKIN'-21 from behind the arc, yet we can't get it done. Our next chance comes against Florida next Saturday. Yes it is on the road, but Florida is weak in low post defense. Our strength vs. their weakness. Can we get it done?

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We haven't beaten any good teams this year except for maybe Utah and it's hard to figure out how good they are/ But I will give you one thing, there are a bunch of teams having down years in the NCAA this year.

We have beaten these teams this year:

RPI ratings--to me this is a pretty atrocious schedule, and for the life of me I cannot see how Bama is rated at 22, they are a bad team but at least they beat Wisconsin this year which is better than any team we have beaten or played except for Miss St.

McNese St 298
    Troy St 80
    ULM 233
    Utah 42
    Sou. Miss 72
    Tulane 161
    UAB 31
    Centenary Couldn't find, are they D-2?
    Arkansas 76
    Bama 22???????
    UNO 119
    UGA 52
    Tenn 51

Houston 123 They beat us.

UAB-- which is 6-3 13-9 in CUSA, not a bad team but they haven't beaten any of the good teams in CUSA, only the bottom teams however they did play Miss ST a close game losing by 2. They have been beaten my UL and Depaul in the only 2 games vs the good CUSa teams so far, losing by 9 to Depaul and by 18 to UL, both on the road. I would say a team somewhat comparable to LSU in strength.

Utah-- 5-2 16-5 in Mtn West Utah is kind of hard to figure out this year as they are obviously not the team they have been but it is hard to gauge since their conference is not as strong on the whole and Air Force is leading the league and that isn't a good sign. UNLV, BYU and New Mexico are having sub-par years also. They did beat Minnesota but Minnesota has yet to win a Big Ten game this year. Summing up, they are much worse than their record indicates, not close to the program they have been.

Tennessee 3-5 11-8
    Georgia 3-6 11-9
    Alabama 3-5 11-8
    Auburn 3-6 12-7
    Arkansas 3-6 11-9
    Mississippi 3-6 11-9