Super Bowl Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Feb 7, 2016.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

The fix was in. Too much money on the line. Blatant.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

People talk about Peyton being washed up, and he may hang it up after winning the SB, but he's not throwing well b/c of a foot injury. I mean, it's not his shoulder, or neck, at the moment. It's the fact that he really can't plant his foot. Try throwing w/o planting your foot, it's a lot harder than you think. If his foot heals, I'd imagine he would be a much more effective QB, even at this stage of his career.

I also don't get all the disdain for him. He's from N.O., his dad played for the Saints, and they seem like good folks all in all. I know they are not LSU fans, but I have always pulled for him in his career b/c of his NO connection, and b/c he seems like a quality guy. To each his own, I suppose, but I was pulling for him personally. Glad to see him potentially go out on such a high note.

KyleK and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Drew Brees threw 7 TDs and 0 Ints for the remainder of the season after suffering the same exact injury.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Why the hate for Manning? You get sick eating Papa John's or get screwed by Nationwide?

5. ParadiseiNC

Exact same injury you say? That's like saying a knee sprain in one person is identical to another. It's not. There are levels of severity. Strains vs partial tears vs full tears. It may be labeled the same, but clearly it was not the same. Now, if you are implying that it he's not suffering from just a foot injury, but part of his challenges are related to his neck and shoulder, that is not what is being reported. If that were the case that it was not just his foot, then I would say it is probably time for him to hang it up.

tirk likes this.
  6. islstl

I will admit that the Cam Newton "I ain't going to get hurt trying to recover that fumble" is awesome and will dog him for the rest of his career. He also walked out of the Presser.

All that winning and dabbing bullshit came to a monumental halt and we saw the true immature Cam Newton we all love to hate.

Hopefully he will never sniff another Super Bowl.

KyleK and shane0911 like this.
  7. islstl

I can show you all the game logs BEFORE his foot injury if you like. It wasn't pretty. Recap: 9 TDs, 13 Ints before that KC disaster (QB rating below 80).

8. ParadiseiNC

Well, that would support that his dropoff isn't just his foot. If that is the case, then prolly time to hang it up.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he hates him because he envisions he himself as tom brady incarnate and should have been represented in the super bowl.

manning sucks obviously. class act, nothing but love and respect from his peers.

NFL all-time leader in career touchdown passes and passing yards
    5x NFL MVP
    14x Pro Bowl Selection
    Super Bowl MVP
    2 x Super Bowl Champion
    4x AFC Champ
    4x NFL TD Leader
    3x NFL Passing yd Leader

What a loser this manning is.

so you mean to tell me every gunshot wound is not the same? who knew.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    KyleK, ParadiseiNC and islstl like this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hes had 2 major knee surgeries, 2 spinal fusion neck surgeries, then a serious foot injury which kept him out of a game for the first time in his career in a season in which he played.

he also won the 2012 MVP after all that but the latter. so yeah his foot is a pretty bad thing in this case.

ParadiseiNC likes this.