Super regionals

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jun 11, 2016.

1. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

While it wasn't a dominant season, it sure was a fun season, especially after the rally-possum.

2. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

If only he could be the strategist Les is ....... Wait for it.... LMFAaBO!!!

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I feel our coaching across the board could be better. I often hold back from saying so because I get called a douchebag or something because the sheep get offended. The eye test is proof, we have better talent but can't beat better coaching. With that said, I think we have good coaches for the most part they just seem to underachieve in the bigger games. I like Les & CPM but they both get out coached more than they should.

Richdog likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

CPM is a much better baseball coach than Les is a football coach. The strategies and subtleties of baseball are less understood by the average fan than football. Even the very best baseball teams are going to lose a few games the fans think they should win. It's all in the nature of the game. LSU is a better team than Coastal Carolina and if they played 20 times LSU would win 15 but they don't and the Tigers lost the 2 that counted. I am much less upset about that than if LSU lost a football game to somebody like McNeese or Eastern Michigan.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

this year, Coastal is a better team than LSU. if that exact same team with the exact same resume had "Clemson" written across their chest, they would have hosted and been favored to beat LSU.

they are not the football equivalent to McNeese or Eastern Michigan.

$TigerFan$ likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we told you this was bs before the lsu matchup.

Now they just beat the 1 seed and only sec representative 1-0.

outstanding effort by CC. This is where a talented and veteran team can make a difference. UF has the most talent of any team in the country. Wasnt enough.

$TigerFan$ and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If only we'd have let Fraley hit instead of that stupid bunt

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yep with james harden on deck.

9. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I agree that Coastal was better. They have been beating on the door for over a decade and they finally got thru. Too bad it was us they beat to get there. I played baseball most of my life and totally understand the nuances of the game. Like all humans CPM makes his mistakes, but we have seem to make the worst ones at the worst times. I still would not want to lose him as a coach, just frustrating sometime.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Being the strongest conference throughout the year, it's surprising that only 1 SEC team made it to the CWS. And that team (Fla) had to play 3 to get there, then promptly lost their first CWS game to the team that beat us to get there. It's kind of been an unwritten rule of mine to never go for the team that beat you, but I like this Coastal Carolina team and would like to see them win it all. If not them, then maybe TCU.

LSUTiga likes this.