Superman Punches Cop in the Face

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Just wait until no one wants to be a policeman any more. Let's see how cities like Ferguson fare when the police force is seriously reduced and the thugs rule the streets. I predict the citizens of those cities will be crying and complaining about how they have been abandoned and neglected because of racism. Al Sharpton will be marching in the streets again. It will be another opportunity to burn down all the black owned businesses. That should make things better......right?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have to admit I don't like cops but they are a necessary evil. There are some good cops but a lot of assholes. There will always be some people who want to become cops. Some because of the power trip and others because they need a job and the police are hiring. When Al Sharpton and his gang burn down stuff it's not the cops fault. It's the fault of their politician bosses who order them to stand down and let it happen as in Baltimore.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't want to come across as defending the cops who are assholes (some are, just because they are), but you also have to review the climate today's society has created for cops. There is a growing movement in this country, I believe referred to as the "sovereign movement" that encourages people to challenge the police in every action of their duties. Cops pulling people over on traffic violations find themselves confronting a 20-year old legal wannabe with a cellphone camera in his face, just daring the officer to set a toe across the proverbial line. They challenge and challenge and refuse to comply with the simplest of orders and scream bloody murder after they force the cop to escalate the situation. The best example I can think of is the Devin Guilford case:

Sooner or later, the good cops are going to get fed up and go find something safer, more lucrative, and more publicly "acceptable" to do with their lives....and then, where will we be?

TwistedTiger likes this.
  6. TwistedTiger

Absolutely and I have met my fair share of both.
    Also true, but as crime and anti-cop rhetoric continues to rise the better cops and better cop candidates look elsewhere for employment. These false narratives painting a majority of cops as criminals doesn't help the situation it only makes it worse. Good employees can usually find good jobs. What good potential employee wants to be a cop these days? As the pool of good candidates dries up more bad candidates will be hired, making the police force worse not better. If these idiots throwing Molotov cocktails and rocks at the police really cared they would be working with them to make things better rather than attacking them. I am not pro police these days by any means. However I do know that things would/will be worse without them or if these idiot race baiters continue to make it less desirable for good candidates to apply.

7. TwistedTiger

Exactly!

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Maybe they shouldn't take a job that requires them to deal with people then. And then they probably would be seen in a different light if there were more Serpicos and less Coons. They consistently defend each other even when they break the law and kill people. I understand defending their brothers who are innocent, but they defend each other no matter what.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Serpico was a rat. There is nothing lower than a snitch

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He didn't start that way, he only ratted because he was being targeted for not accepting bribes.