SuperRegional Picks

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by goldengirlfan, Jun 10, 2005.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Nebraska sinks Cesar Carillo and Miami today easily.

Tulane is behind the 8-ball down 1 game to Rice. They get to face Savory tomorrow if he's healthy.

Tennessee is up 13-3 last I checked, about to finish an overrated GT.

Also, Clemson beat Baylor.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Thats what you get for picking Georgia Tech

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Gee... Georgia Tech flamin' out AGAIN. That means just one thing, Baseball America will have them ranked #1 at the start of the 2006 season.

4. LSUHotdog

Wow, Justin Henry, Ole Miss's leadoff man, is hitting .404 with only 2 HR's and 26 RBI. We need a leadoff guy like that in a terrible way. I really miss Holt.

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Hollander should be fine next year, with so much needed time in the batting cages... I also suspect Chris Jackson will be batting behind him, followed by Jordan Mayer... that part of the line up, I am pretty sure of... now where we still Will Harris, JP Padron, Liuzza, Sprowl, Stewart etc... is another story... hopefully we get some Juco players to fill in roles.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Man...how strange to see a CWS without LSU, Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech and Stanford--just to name a few.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

OSU goes up 1-0 thanks to 8... yes EIGHT errors by the Trojans.

8. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Watched the entire USC/OSU game. USC pitcher Kennedy is impressive. Although I'm glad OSU beat 'em, he deserved a better fate. Rare that you look at the line score and the guys got a no hitter going and the opponent has 3 runs. On a related note, same game, don't know if I've ever seen a pitcher with a more pronounced "deer in the headlights" look tha OSU pitcher Dallas Buck.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

None of this fills me with hope or inspiration.

If we don't get some immediate help from some JUCOs, we're looking at a .500 team next year. And that's about as optimistic as I can get.

10. LSUHotdog

If we can get those guys that just signed onto Campus, then what KTeam said in unlikely. The CF Bogany who got drafted in the 15th round is a power hitter and can probably step in right away. So Sprowl probably won't see much PT unless Quinn sucks on offense. The SS Ogata could also be pushing Hollander for playing time if he lives up to his billing. Ditto for Liuzza at catcher and the 17th rounder Lara if he comes to campus. Lots of stuff up in the air.