Superstitions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 2, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

whats everyone been wearing this season during the games? I've been wearing a white 8 jersey, every game, and my lucky tiger rag that has been missing the last 3 years. Do you guys/gals have superstitions?

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Been wearing the same underwear since season started.

3. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I make a really good gumbo every week. Usually chicken and sausage (homemade roux, none of that jarred shit). For big games, I have andouille from Louisiana, gator meat if appropriate, and the spices are strictly LA based. We also serve boudin on big game days as well. Cajun Grocer has been my go-to lately. Oh, and same flag stays out as long as W's are rolling on. If we lose, I know it is not my fault!

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You're in New York right?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Most of this years games I've worn purple. ,& gold shorts with the Toonces Tiger logo on both sides. For this week I might get a voodoo doll in the likeness of Little Nicky and stick pins in it.

6. Tiger Exile

I am now as of 2013, so I have to work hard for good eats...

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Made a gumbo a couple weeks ago and had to make my own roux. So pissed. Shit popped and burned the hell out of my finger. Gumbo was great but just reminded me how much of a PITA making that crap is. Could have been eating an hour before we did and it wasn't any better. You cromags that are stuck in the land before time are silly.

StaceyO likes this.
  8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I wear my class ring on game day. When else can you wear the damn thing?

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You need to find some good places that ship. There's a lot better out there than Cajun Grocer although they carry a wide selection.

Gameday ritual....extra large white Russian daiquiri with 2 shots of 190 proof. Watch the band come down the hill, cheer like hell!

10. Tiger Exile

Now you sound like Red. I wasn't born in Louisiana but make gumbo as good as anyone based upon compliments from locals, restauranteers, and folks of good taste. I learned from old Maw Maws and friends from all over the state. The biggest lesson I learned and perfected over the years are: 1) You can't rush a roux - I add bacon grease and seasoning as it goes which it is why it is different from jar roux. 2) The broth is the next biggest ingredient. I make mine early and cook it for hours. It all comes together with love and flavor. Sure you can make a quick gumbo and if you don't want to spend a lot of time it is not a big deal. Time > Quick Probably not worth it to most, but I love the cooking so I do it.

CajunlostinCali likes this.