Supporting Troops

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jul 2, 2006.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Every bit of that crap is your opinion. But, if that helps you sleep at night......

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

where i get pi$$ed is when our fighting men and women come back and ask the question, "what war are they reporting on?" to sit back and think that the overwhelming criticism has no effect on our troops is an elitist and dull minded argument. unfortunately criticism is not patriotism, it is criticism. try offering a better plan, a new strategy, a new way. try offering substance instead of constant drivel. all of us want out of iraq and afghanistan. the difference is that it appears only some of us want to win the war, others would prefer a different outcome............it may play better in november.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Amen, Like i said earlier in this thread.
    I am tired of the defeatest attitude that the newsmedia and some othersportray.
    Some say what I think is all about politics, well, I throw it back at em.
    I wasn't going to get back into this but here I am.

Just think if things were this way for WWII, we would've given up after
    the training exercise failed before D-Day because the price would've been to high to pay, casualty count.
    Think about the way the newsmedia would've reported that.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Re: Les Miles in Iraq

I think that we aren't stupid and neither is the enemy. Much propaganda is spun by both sides in any war and this one is no different. I don't believe everyting I hear from Al Jazeera and they don't believe CNN either. Our soldiers certainly don't buy anything they hear from the enemy.

Look, if we change the way we conduct a democracy and worry about what the enemy thinks about it . . . then they have won something! I think we encourage these ruthless undemocratic criminals each time we back away from our long-held and highly-cherished American ideals for fear of their hearing about it.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Looks like he had your 'typical response' characterization nailed in the Superman thread.

Extremists aren't motivated by American dissentors. That's ignorant. They hate us/them just the same as they hate you. Silencing of the opposition has been tried and has failed many years ago in America. But the trend these days does lean towards ignoring our history, so I'm not surprised.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Huh? What I am saying is that witnessing war first hand might make you believe that we should be a little bit more discriminating about when we send our finest into the line of fire. I think that WWII was just slightly more justified than the Iraq quagmire.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

The more some people talk the more they reveal about themselves.
    From what I take it, you don't like people in power?
    Well, I can't wait to see when a Democrat gets elected, if you treat and
    act the same way towards them or you reveal you are a wolf in sheeps
    clothing.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Whatever (Most of the time, the crap some of you say about the war isn't worth commenting on)

Just consider that a permanent disclaimer.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Of course its my opinion. I don't recall stating it was fact. That doesn't make it any less relevant than the silly opposing opinion.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Your opinion is stupid.