Swamp Gas Florida forum boiling

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 17, 2010.

1. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I thought our fans could be tough.

The Gator fans are about to roast the coaches and eat their young.

[ame=http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/forumdisplay.php?f=5]Swamp Gas - GatorCountry.com Swamp Gas Forums[/ame]

:geaux:

2. tigerbubba

tigerbubba Founding Member

All you have to do is read the titles to see they are not happy. I started a thread last week that gator fans are worse than some of the idiots here. All teams have ups and downs. It just amazing how some people live and die by a game played by kids.

3. armybass

armybass Founding Member

You know I read through a lot of those threads and what I did not see was a bunch of Gator fans calling other Gator fans idiots because they did not agree with them.

2 people like this.
  4. floridatigers

floridatigers Veteran Member

I don't remember the last time they lost two straight at home. Probably with Zook, but he got fired after a loss to Moo U on the road.

5. tigerbubba

I will give you that. "Idiot" is not a fair word and I apologize. Can you please give me a more appropriate word to describe people who tear down kids and coaches who play a GAME that has no real bearing on the society that we live in. Meyer has won two national championships and has helped to raise millions of dollars for the university of Florida. He had a health scare that brought his perspective on life back into focus. Now he is getting reemed for his lack of focus and coaching ability. Anyone there realize he just lost a guy who is considered the best player in college football history?

As for us, Miles wins games without a top level QB. One thing Meyer is having trouble doing. He recruits well, his players love him, and we rarely ever have off the field issues. So to the fans who tear down these coaches and boo the kids who leave their hearts on the field each week deserve some sort of name; maybe just not "idiots"

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

"unrealistic fans"

your points are good ones, and help keep things in perspective. the comments by the average fan on forums are primarily emotional, especially immediately after a loss, and, sadly, do not take into account the big picture.

1 person likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I actually think some of the threads/posts sound exactly like the ones here. Just remove the names of their players/coaches and insert ours and you'll see what I mean. 'Brantley (Jefferson) does not need to be the QB'. 'Meyer (Miles) not showing enough emotion on the sidelines'. 'Addazio (Crowton) calling predictable plays'.

(On the flip side - ''Holy Sh!t", look at this dude's thread count. He's got 198,173 since his join date of April 2007. That's what? Roughly 200 posts a day for 3.5 years? That's some serious dedication.)

[ame="http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/member.php?u=6631"]GatorCountry.com Swamp Gas Forums - View Profile: GatorGrowl@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: GatorGrowl</title>@@AMEPARAM@@GatorGrowl[/ame]

8. tigerbubba

I bet if Florida still had Cam Newton these same Florida fans would now be thinking CUM is the best coach in the country, able to come back from "life threatening illness". And Auburn fans without Cam would still think the Gene Chizik hire was the still the most dumb hire ever. Amazing how things happen.

9. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

Aside from calling people with a different perspective idiots, (which I see you've retracted), I disagree with one of your points. By any definition, people who care enough about a subject to spend much of their free time banging ideas around a fan's message board like this, are people who aren't necessarily rational about the subject. Fan is short for fanatic, after all. If you're not living and dieing about a game played by kids, why do you care enough to make that comment? Just wondering, not trying to be a smart ass.

2 people like this.
  10. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

That guy needs to get a life.:wave: