Swamp Gas gives Nick Saban some love

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsucurlyq, Oct 17, 2002.

1. lsucurlyq

lsucurlyq Founding Member

2. lsucurlyq

sorry about that...
    They were giving Nick Saban a little credit

....its been a long morning:D

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

My favorite was What has Saban done ??

WHAT HAS SABAN DONE ??

Lets see he took an average SEC team that was in the dumps and took the same kids and won a Peach Bowl against the best Offense in the NCAA (Ga Tech - By numbers at least)

Then the following year, having some bad breaks and a team that could have folded their tents (After Ole Miss) A team where everyone had given up on them and turned them into one of the most prolific offense in College Football, an Offense that broke SEC and LSU records. Then he wins an SEC Title with a backup QB and Backup RB (If you can call Double D a Backup). Then if that is not enough he hammers, I mean Hammers the Big 10 champ. A team some said should be playing for a national title.

Laugh if you will, but by the end of the year last year. LSU could play with anyone. Including Miami. Maybe not have one, but I promise go blow to blow with them on Offense.

I dont care about what FLA has done this year. They are a good football team.

Saban goes to the swamp with players that have never beaten Florida (I dont think any LSU players were around in 97) a team LSU has an inferiority complex to (Until now) and just hammers I mean hammers a SEC powerhouse in one of the most feared Stadiums in football. Auburn beat them last year. Sure but at Home, Ole Miss beat them. Sure at Home.

Give me a break. What has Saban done.
    I tell you what he has done. More then any coach in the SEC has done in the last two years.

LSU - Sec and Sugar Bowl champions... Please..

I guess their next thread someone will say Skip was an overrated coach. What has he done besides win 5 national Titles.

4. lsucurlyq

i completely agree Texastigers. But we all know that they wont admit that a coach (or a team for that matter) is better than theirs. I know some Florida fans and they are for the most part respectable people....I have to wonder who is posting on Swamp Gas these days...:confused: