Swiftvets/Moveon

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUGradin99, Aug 24, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Starting to get sick ... rephrasing: I AM sick of seeing this childish display back and forth over privately funded ads. Kerry asks for Bush to refute the swiftvets ads and Bush says "I do not support that ad or any of the ads by such groups".

Edwards speaks out and says Bush gave a political response. What more did Bush need to say. He condemned them ALL. At the same time the Bush campaign wants Kerry to condemn the Moveon.org ads yet Kerry does not directly condemn them.

Chldish politics... I hate to say it but Kerry should have had the foresight to expect groups such as swiftvets to react and be against him. Everyone knows that Kerry was very vocal and anti-war when he returned from Vietman. At the very least this alienates him from fellow vets and they are bound to dislike him because of it. None of us will ever know the true details of his service in Vietnam becuase we did not serve along side him.

However, Kerry should not be suprised that there is resentment against him by former vets, such as the swiftvets guys. It is Kerry who made a point to promote his military record and it is Kerry who should have been prepared to "defend" against such attacks..... and defending himself should not be done by passing the blame on Bush. In my opinion, Bush has done nothing wrong here.

They need to get back to the issuse. Guys I know most of you that post on this forum are Bush supporters and very opinionated about this campaign. Based on personal views and what I feel is important to my self personally, Kerry is still my candidate of choice and this issue does not change that.

I am however a bit disgruntled. :dis:

<end rambling>

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Good post and I agree completely...Except for the voting for Kerry part. Are you voting for Kerry or against Bush? I'm just curious. You seem to be intelligent and not just parroting what you hear. I'd like to hear a Kerry supporter give me a reason other than "Bush is a liar", "the Iraq war was political" and all of that other crap we hear constantly. If your response makes sense, I'll change my sig line.

3. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

I also completely agree. I believe in freedom of speech, but because of the laws involved it makes it all so complicated. They need to either drop all "laws" involved in campaigning or make it to where only the candidates and their parties run ads. I personally like choice one.

4. LSUGradin99

Sabanfan,

I am voting more "for Kerry" and less "against Bush". Not something I particularly want to discuss in depth but for personal reasons relating to my business and other businesses I do work for who have seen some brutally harsh economic times as of late, I feel Kerry's platform better suits me.

As for Bush, I do not understand why people blame him for going to war. If Kerry were not for the Iraq war, he certainly would not get my vote. However, I would like to see Bush say something to the effect of "our intelligence failed us". It certainly was not Bush's fault, Kerry has even said he would have taken Bush's course of action. At the same time I am not sure that Kerry, or anyone else in Bush's position would be man enough, so to speak, to make that admission either. It is just what I would prefer to see.

......not that there needed to be ANY weapons of mass destruction anyways in Iraq.... The man (Saddam) was a brutal murderer of tens of thousands of people and needed to be taken out. In that respect I am proud of Bush for taking care of this individual.

Edit: Oh, and I could care less about your signature line. We all know to take whatever you say with a grain of salt anyways! Just pickin on ya! :lol:

5. LSUfan08

LSUfan08 Founding Member

LSUgradin99,

I am a Bush supporter, but I really have come to respect you. You seem to really educate yourself about politics, instead of watching BBC, or CNN for 5 minutes, and jumping the gun on Bush; like some people on this forum do.

Whenever I see a post by you, I read it, b/c I know it will be an intellegent response whether you agree or disagree w/ a post. Most of the others type the same bulls**t over and over again, so I just skip what they have to say.

If there were more people like you, we wouldn't seem so divided and hateful b/n democrat and republican.

Bush '04 :usaflagwa :911:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A promise is a promise :thumb:

7. LSUGradin99

Well thanks! I am all for young opinionated educated women such as yourself respecting me! blushes... :)

8. LSUGradin99

Oh damn, I about fell outta my chair laughing when I read your updated signature.

9. LSUfan08

LSUfan08 Founding Member

I am glad you remember that I am a young lady. I might sometimes have a foul mouth, but Im still a lady.
    Believe me, I am very opinionated, and open, but I am not one of those feminist wacos. In my opinion, abortion is wrong, and watching girls trying to play football is just downright torture.
    Im flattered that I make you blush LSUgradin99, but how do you know that I am not fat and ugly?? :lol:

Bush '04 :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :911: :usaflagwa :usaflagwa

10. LSUGradin99

Everyone is good looking online on a message forum (ecxept SabanFan)! :wink: