Swiftvets/Moveon

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUGradin99, Aug 24, 2004.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

This is the type of intelligent discussion I envisioned for this forum. You all get positive feedback from me.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

What bothers me about all this is the clear bias and double standard being shown by the mainstream media in all this. CNN is having a coronary over supposed Bush team connections to SwiftVets, despite the fact that these were unpaid volunteers and no campaign finance laws were broken and no conflict of interest has yet to be proven. All the while completely ignoring the fact that the DNC and MoveOn.org are practically in bed together.

http://www.democrats.org/wvc/weekinreview/200305120002.html

I don't have a problem in the world with what MoveOn.org and the DNC are doing, as long as the GOP can do the exact same thing without hearing the liberal side and the media's whining. In fact, I hate these new campaign finance reform laws and want them all completely tossed out. But let's drop the fake outrage folks. The SwiftVets are simply exercising their right to free speech and the Kerry campaign is uncomfortable because they are unable to completely refute what they are saying.

Also, FYI, I will NEVER disparage Kerry for his service to our country in Vietnam. Neither has President Bush. I admire him for it. It's what he did after he came home from Vietnam that I have a problem with. And I suppose that's really what's rankling the SwiftVets and anti-Kerry Vietnam vets the worst; the fact that Kerry sold them out, told lies about them, and openly rooted for and worked toward Communist victory in Southeast Asia, even going so far as to suggest that we should have given North Vietnam everything they wanted at the Paris negotiations, including leaving behind American POWs until N.V. felt generous and forgiving enough to release them.

As one former Vietnam War POW put it in a recent interview; "Kerry gave the NVA for free what we took months of torture to refuse."

And unlike Kerry's war record in country, that is indisputable fact.

I've often felt that veterans groups are going in the wrong direction with questioning Kerry. Instead of talking about what happened in Vietnam, they should stick exclusively with what he did AFTER Vietnam. That's infinitely more important, IMHO.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I used to be purty. :grin:

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Maybe you can start a picture thread and post your picture first. :hihi:

5. SabanFan

I already posted my picture. I thought that's how you knew I was ugly.

6. SabanFan

Here I am in High School (#14)

7. SabanFan

And, in college (reasonable facsimile)

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I'd completely forgotten but I recognize the picture now. Fark time! :grin:

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Man, I haven't see the Phi Zappa Krappa poster in decades. It trailed only the "Psychedelic Hendrix", the poster that came with the White Album, and "Raquel Welch in One Million BC" posters in the tie-dyed, smoky dorm rooms of my early college days. :cool:

10. LSUfan08

LSUfan08 Founding Member

How do you post a picture on here? I dont know how to do that.