Sylvester Croom award name change

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Pardon me for stepping in, but here are my unsolicited $.02. MSU was going to have a crap recruiting year anyway. The NCAA coming to town all but guaranteed that. I think it's admirable that Croom honored his prior commitment and did not just bail out on his employer. I think one poster's assesment was correct: MSU wanted to announce the hire early to solidify their recruiting position. It's easier to talk a kid into coming to school if you can at least point to the man who will be the coach.

Anyway, that's my take. Also note that I have a bias against Bama (naturally) and I hope Croom destroys them annually.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes how dare him stick to a commitment he made and was paid to keep. What good is a man of word an honor as a football coach and teacher of young men. What you want as a football coach is someone with no honor and integrity. He should have droped Green Bay and the players like a hot rock didn't he learn anything from Francione. :geaux: :lsug: :champs: :champs: :champs:

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Totally agree, the award was named after him do him excelling in everything while he was at BAMA, it had nothing to do with anything after that. Shula is totally INSECURE

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Here's the most ironic piece of the whole argument. Logan Young, the infamous power-booster that is now officially "disassociated" with the Bama program because of the numerous named (and unamed) recruiting violations, still has a hall of honor room in his name at the Bama athletic complex. And the Crooms award gets yanked? Talk about a dichotomy .........

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

:dis: ...says it all

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I could care less about this topic but one has to wonder how much time is spent by dheadtiger trolling other boards grabbing bits and pieces of rubbish and posting them here for what? Nothing positive comes from any of his topics, its all trash meant to stir the pot into a boiling cauldron of $hit. Nothing wrong with jabbing at our rivals but the incessant garbage being posted by this guy does didly squat for this board. I'll use his own words here "what a waste of bandwidth". Sheesh....get a life dude.

7. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

uh oh

:dis:

8. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

First of all, I think that this is a pretty interesting subject. I could care less whether or not you think its interesting.

Next, you say that Dhead does nothing for this board. What do you do? You accuse him of stirring stuff up. What are you doing?

You want to make personal attacks for absolutely no reason then you should private message Dhead. Maybe if he feels that you are even worth responding to (which I doubt) then he can do it.

You wasted my time because I thought you had an intelligent post, but it turned out to be trash. The problem isn't Dhead - its you.

9. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

They'll get a lot of grief over this one. Bama shoots self in foot again. I like it.
    :tigbas:

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

drc, I did'nt start this thread to try and start $hit with anyone. It was merely just to get opinons on the subject like any other thread that gets put up. If it's such a waste of bandwidth, what you keep clicking on em for? YOU feel free to use that little ignore feature anytime you want. If I were you, I would'nt spend my time wondering what dheadtiger is doing, get a life dude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.