Synthetic Drugs

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Feb 24, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not that anyone here would be the type to try synthetics, but i bring a real life experience. My cousin tried synthetic LSD, called 2C-i, and he overdosed and it nearly killed him. It killed the guy he was with. All these new synthetic drugs aren't your mom and dad's drugs. Stay away from 2C-i and if you have teenage kids, please talk to them about the dangers of these synthetics. Maybe they won't kill you, but maybe they will depending on what other substances you have in your system.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I would suggest to stay away from all drugs as a solid point of view but I'm guessing you won't go for that.

StaceyO, Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly, any of this stuff can put you in a box on any given day, well maybe not the bud but the rest of it is just roulette.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

So no more coffee or tea for you guys.

5. LaSalleAve

I don't fuck with meth, or heroin, or cocaine, lsd, or E. I did when I was in my 20's. It was fun, but i grew out of it. Mary Jane stuck because it's never done any harm to anyone.

I think a huge problem and the reason people keep inventing all these synthetics are because other shit is illegal. Somewhere out there someone is fermenting baby shit and shrimp shells to create a super drug.

What needs to happen is we need to start having open and honest discussions with our kids about drugs, and what they really do, instead of lying to them and pumping fear into them. Just tell yhe truth.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm sure they do. I point out meth heads to my son all the time and tell him "this is what happens if you do these drugs" I know you are all about free will and stuff but they are just bad. Why would anyone not educate their kids about the dangers of doing them. There really is no "safe" way to partake.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

two kids died over here in Collin County this past year from 25I-NBOMe. Probably a sister synthetic drug. Just a little over a year ago synthetics weren't illegal in Texas and currently they are only a misdemeanor offense. Synthetics are something law has not caught up to yet.

Plano has historically been a heavy drug haven. Too many bored rich kids here. It is just as bad a bored rural kids discovering meth.

8. LaSalleAve

Obviously the goal is get them from staying away, but you can't lie to them. That was a problem when I was growing up. Everyone telling me weed would kill me. I tried it, it didn't then I started wondering what else everyone was lying about.

That's a good tactic though, showing the effects meth has on people.

9. LaSalleAve

I'm very familiar with Plano, when I lived in Texas there was a big Heroin problem there that made national news. It's also full of dealers.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I expected you to go there....why not mention chocolate?

This comment isn't a serious response and you know it. This country has en epic prescription drug problem....moms mostly who start off with something "small" to deal with pain or depression and it escalates. On any given day, their children can open up the medicine cabinet and find a plethora of really strong drugs and off they go. Kids from all walks of life are making stupid uninformed decisions. Parents are too self-involved to notice what's going on. It honestly makes me sad to think about how deep the problem is and how unwilling folks seem to be in addressing it.