Syria is Next?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, May 18, 2011.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm impressed with using Ryukya Islands rather than Okinawa.:thumb:

2. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

When you talk about an Empire and their colonies I usaully think of the empire opressing the colony and bending them to their rule.(Religion, goverment, etc.) So to say liberate is definetly more fitting for us.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

yes, amigo, we have discussed this before. and i think to call an empire, really misleads the listener. because you really have to stretch the definition. and the people calling the US are usually making a political point that is untrue.

again, we are noteworthy in that we are a crippling superpower with no real ambition to rule anyone. and we dont rule anyone unless they deserve it, then when they straighten up we return them to self rule. we police the world, we dont conquer it. whether policing the world is a good idea is another question, but we are no empire.

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Since when do we do that?

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Iraq and afganastan both had free elections. There were millions of people with purple ink stained fingers that braved mortor attacks to vote in iraqs first free election ever.
    After ww2 japan , west Germany , south Korea and many other countries were helped by America develop republics. To say that America hasn't supported republican democracy throughout the world is false. We have failed in the middle east in respect to supporting dictators. That I can give you but to say we haven't supported democracy worldwide is not true.

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Democracy is not something you can just "setup" and say oh my look at the people vote. The only thing we are doing is imposing our view and standards on people that either don't want it or can't have it without us helping.

That is not Democracy.

And yes we support Dictators, overthrow governments, and prop up leaders with cash.

Helping people in the name of Democracy is a joke.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think we are better off spending money we waste on the middle east and use it on intelligence/defense upgrades and let them kill each other for decades...

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Obama is giving them ammo to fight aginst israel today. Another Arab - Israel war will happen again one day. Israel will kill plenty of them for us.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Then why in the hell do I still have to press 1 for english?

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

LOL. Good question.