T-Bob Hebert helmet slamming explanation not a slam dunk

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsufan_in_ohio, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

That's funny....I work 60 miles from Knoxville in an office with about 140 UT fans.....first thing I did this morning was hang my two NC flags on my door for all to see......

Isn't the truth as important as loyalty?

I'm as big a fan as anyone, raised out west, graduated from LSU, married a LA. girl, all my sons were born at Womans, their rooms are painted Purple and Gold....and I spend far too much time talking LSU football...just can't figure out why I'm now trying to defend myself against an absurd statement......

2. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

Yeah, but I coach two football teams and one travel baseball team.....three active sons. I do what I can.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

no

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

At least you get to do it from home. My posts have gone up significantly because I haven't been home in pretty much 2 1/2 years. Hotel rooms is boring...

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

A UT player who was in the play also threw his helmet right after we did and he #42 even threw it a little harder.:D I guess it would have been off-setting penalties had any of that mess was called.

1:29 mark

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mAHgD-8k9U&feature=related]YouTube - LSU Miracle Victory Over Tennessee 16-14[/ame]

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

The game was over and the helmet flew. The penalty was not the result of a flag, it was the result of a review. Before the review, the game was over. Even if you consider a penalty for the helmet, how do you enforce it? The good guys got another snap as a result of an infraction on the last play. Good call. T-Bob's penalty was after the game was over. The only place to enforce that penalty is on the kick off OR a change of posession.

The game was over. T-Bob coulda banged a cheerleader on the 50 but you are still stuck with where the penalty applies and it ain't against a play, where the game whistle blew, and a flag was not thrown.

Back to my cave...

1 person likes this.
  7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

\
    Man I can not believe you really believe what you are writing. If the play is not over every one on the field with out a helmet gets a flag. Oh, and if the play is still going the coach that is on the field should get a flag also. That would be Dooly.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

wouldn't the penalties offset and replay the down? Or would it be a half the distance forward, then 15 yarder on us, replaying the down, or would it just end the game?

9. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

The rule was initiated because of fights. It was to stop players using their helmets as clubs. It was intended to protect not just the player with the helmet off but other players from being club. It is taken for granted that a player removing his helmet at any other time than the above listed times was doing it due to anger.

10. acemic

acemic Founding Member

Actually they said the refs in the endzone threw their flags...... Was said in all the confusion. Even tho it is a re viewable play