T Bob on reddit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by wjray, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It was the first half of the SECCG, but for two halves. Les had the perfect opportunity to re-evaluate the game plan for 1/9 after that, but did not.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

All of this is true, but the things which had worked for us in the SECCG (extraordinary special teams plays, turnovers on defense) didn't come to fruition that night. Our offense was nothing special in '11, but the team as a whole was damn strong.

ETA: Miles probably didn't want to fix what really wasn't broken--but our special teams and defense weren't the greatest on 1/9, either.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Right, and we shouldn't have expected them to. They didn't come into play for 9-6. bama is just too well-coached of a team to get beaten by things like that.

The defense actually did fine. It was only like 12 or 15 to 0 heading into the 4th. Considering they barely got any rest at all that game, I think they did everything that could have been expected of them.

The biggest problem was that we went into it thinking we'd beat bama with the same impromptu game plan that sank them the first go around. I mean, when the same LB who's covering the RB actually tackles the QB on an option play, it's safe to say they knew what was coming.

shane0911, furduknfish and Winston1 like this.
  4. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I yell from the rooftops all the time. The butt-kicking LSU got was not as butt-kicking as many think. Alabama should have scored 40 in that game...but DIDNT. A team you play a second time with absolutely no offense, and you can't really put the game away until late in the 4th. On top of that, you have the greatest coach in the history of the known universe.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

If you're referring to Nick Saban may God have mercy on your soul....and btw you deserve to be stabbed in the neck with a plastic butter knife for that comment lol. Jk

Contained Chaos likes this.
  6. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Sarcasm. Parrotting the media hyperbole

7. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

My fav gump stat, "held LSU to 0 TDs in two games". Exactly 1 less than them, gump math. The D was never the prob.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I know. So was I.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We had a Michael Ford TD called back in that game in Tuscaloosa and Reuben Randle dropped a sure TD as well.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron