Tack Minor - Uncoachable or not Coached Well Enough?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Jan 23, 2005.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

I have never seen a point guard, the supposed poised, controlled QB of the court so out of control and just downright scary. Tack Minor has not shown he the basketball IQ to be an effective point guard. why is he playing PG? he rushes the ball down the court and dribbles out of control in between defenders and then makes an ill-advised pass. what is brady telling this kid? or is he telling him to play under control and the kid just doesn't listen? whatever it is, it isn't working and with minor's scoring background in HS, maybe he isn't cut out to be a PG. so, why does the experiement continue? Is it because Xavier is not a viable option? I think Xavier maybe should be the starter at PG and tack should come in and spell him and spell hudson at two guard at other times. the guy has a shoot first mentality which doesn't work for a PG. It's just a testament to brady's lack of coaching and just managing the overall personality of the team that he can't harness this kid who has so much talent. absolutely disgusting.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm pretty sure Brady's not telling the kid to rush downcourt, take ill advised shots and leap into the air before deciding where to pass the ball. Tack's got basketball ADD.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Tack is a really smart guy. Yhe way he behaves on the court to me would suggest poor coaching.

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I'm not a brady basher, I'm not a brady basher, but..... It's time.

5. mgreer1

mgreer1 Founding Member

Basketball is a game of read and react. Tac has an uncanny ability for reacting before reading. He has decent court vision but there is some kind of mental block when it comes time to make a choice on the court. I have never seen anybody have so much trouble dribbling the ball in place like he does.

I hate how Brady never looks to score on his out of bounds plays, they are the most uncreative plays I have ever seen. When I played in highschool that was the only thing we could do well so I know it is not that hard :dis: . And finally is it me or does Mitchell not have any look of motivation in him while on the court.

:geauxtigs

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i would say its not coaching, mostly there has been improvement. the problem is it doesnt stick. he'll play mostly smart for a game or two and then poorly. i think the only way to get to him is either through some sort of coaching psychology that i dont understand, but a lot of coaches must, or give him time. with the limited knowlegde i have of the situation, id say bench him and that might motivate him to listen to coaching/calm him down (similar to bringing JR of the bench). i think he is too cocky. too resistant to fully try what coaches tell him. also, in a natl tv game at uk he was less willing to hold back because he wanted the props. like a stallion that needs to be broken (ok, maybe like a shetland that needs to be broken).