Tack Minor?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Capcaveman78, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Capcaveman78

Capcaveman78 Freshman

Basketball fan here located on Tobacco Road, and just wondering, what ever happened to Tack Minor? I saw that he was suspended through the fall, but is he with the team now? And if so, why isn't he being utilized? I was talking with a UNC Tarhole fan about the matchup, and neither of us (we are usually pretty knowledgable) know the reason he is missing. Seems like a powerful bullett that isn't loaded...

ps--im not a dookie either.....hoping LSU provides a good matchup...

2. gotlsu

gotlsu Founding Member

3. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Minor was injured shortly after returning from suspension, and red-shirted for the year.

His absence from the team might be a case of addition by subtraction, as Garrett Temple gives us a much better perimeter defensive presence and has meshed really nicely with the team. Minor, for all his explosiveness, has been prone to making out of control plays that make LSU fans pull their hair out.

4. Capcaveman78

Capcaveman78 Freshman

Temple does seem to be a much better defender and more steady/heady player.....but Tack seemed to me to have the ability to rise to a high level at times...and that could be huge against the Dukies......good to see he is still in the program though, I think Tack could mature into a great player....thanks

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If the same thing happened to Duke's starting point guard, we wouldn't have to ask. The story would lead off every Sportscenter, Gameday and game telecast.

6. Capcaveman78

Capcaveman78 Freshman

totally agree with that......Actually rather confused as to why no sportswriter's/reporter's even mention that you guys lost one of your main contributors from last years team to injury.....but at the same time, if Duke or UNC or State lost say, their starting tailback in football in the same way, it would not be on sportscenter, but if Broussard or Vincent were redshirted, it would be on ESPN for sure....SEC is the king of all things football in the news...ACC is king of all things basketball in the news (and still gets no respect from the RPI no matter how many conferences they beat down)

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I see your point, but LSU losing their starting TB wouldn't get any Sportscenter mention. Now if it happened to Notre Dame, Michigan or USC...

8. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

actually we DID lose our starting TB and I don't remember seeing it on ESPN.

9. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

this team would not be playing tonight had tack been running the point this season. far to erratic.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Personally I don't think we'd be where we are right now had Tack started for us this entire season. He's decent at times, but he can really cost us games by either hogging the ball or just off the wall turnovers. I really hope he can mature on the court and become a great point gaurd.