TAF donations to upgrade P-MAC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BasileTiger, Feb 28, 2004.

1. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Just curious. Why doesn't The TAF Foundation donate some much needed money to upgrade the P-MAC. New chairs, new roof, etc.

Any comments on this?????

2. MiketheTiger

MiketheTiger Founding Member

Check out the LSU Vision Plan to see how they will be spending the new money from the preferred seating plan on overall facility improvements, including the PMAC.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

That's what I was going to say...I think the Laffy TAFfy people were going to wait for the state to cede control and oversight of the facility to LSU...

LSU does not (or if the state alread did give them control/ownership alerady, did not) own the PMAC. It was a piece of state property, so to speak...It was more difficult to do, and I think that they arranged for the state to give it to LSU, which made TAF wait a while before they spent the $$$...

Also, I have heard that the roofing project is already underway in the PMAC...

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I drove past the PMAC yesterday and there were a bunch of guys up on the roof working on it.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Actually...Those were John Brady fans...Threatening to throw themselves from the roof if anyone else downs him...

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I think the state just recently handed power of the PMAC over to the University. Now it will be much easier to get work done on it. I would suspect it would be another 2 or 3 years until we see anything signifigant done to the PMAC since it used a lot year round.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Yes. Now that the PMAC is under LSU control, you will see TAF throw their resources into the PMAC, since it is in the sorriest shape of all LSU sports venues.

8. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Actually, the Academic side of LSU had control of the PMAC. They had better things to do than fix the PMAC up. They will finally give up to control of the PMAC to the Athletic side of LSU. In turn the athletic department can fix the place up.

9. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

It was all a TAF scam. They WANTED the PMAC to get into a near deplorable state. That way they could go to the Legislature and announce that they were there to SAVE THE DAY (and the PMAC). ALL they asked for in return was to have total control over Tiger Stadium.

Surely, NO ONE else could do the job but the TAF. And, let's face it - without the TAF, there would be no Tiger Stadium, no LSU sports AND no LSU AT ALL. If you listen to the TAF backslappers, that the only conclusion you could ever possibly come to.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

What would be the state of the LSU facilities without TAF. Do you think we would be better off if they didn't exist? Just wondering as I don't know a whole lot about TAF however they seemd to have done a good job ob the projects that they have handled.