Tailgating at Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_slice, Sep 11, 2006.

1. J_slice

J_slice Freshman

I will be traveling from NC to Auburn for the game. I will be there a few hours before kick-off. Anybody know of a sponsored tailgate that would be selling some much-missed Louisiana Grub? If not, any recomendations for eating, or things I need to see while hanging out for a few hours?

Thanks! :lsup:

2. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I've been to Auburn once on a chartered trip by the LSU student government. All I have to say is i've never seen so many war eagle a$$'s in my life. No, I mean litterally, they were mooning the bus as soon as we pulled on campus. Unfortunately it was all dudes and most of them were pretty hairy :eek: .

Having seen this made me lose my appetite. So I don't know any good places to eat.

sincerely,

Confused :wink:

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

jslice, I dunno about cajun food, but if you bring a good attitude and some knowledgeable football discussion, you'll be wecomed at most any Auburn tailgate.

The food is (generally) different, but it will be good and it will be free. Lots of pulled-pork barbecue, fish frys, and shrimp-boils , and of course, plenty of beverage to wash it down wish.

Hope you have a great visit, minus the game outcome. :thumb:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I got some pretty good BBQ at Auburn before. I forget the name of the place but it was "downtown" and several blocks from the stadium.

5. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

note to those that are staying on campus...lock your stuff up! Two years ago, we had several chairs and an ice chest stolen where the RV's park. Several people around us had similar stories of missing items.

6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

Shoot an email to HATT to see where they'll be, if they're making this trip. I've been with them at all three of LSU's SECCG appearances and the "Mutha of all parties" in N.O. Lots of fun, I just can't seem to make it to their party at home.
    http://www.hattigers.com/contact.php

I've had more things stolen on campus at LSU than anywhere else, that happens everywhere.

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

well for me, in 9 of the 10 SEC campuses I've stayed on, I've only had something stolen at Auburn

8. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

The Barbeque House, located right across the street from campus, about six blocks from Toomer's Corner.

There is not an area as large as the tailgating area in Baton Rouge, but there will be RV near the old drill field, located a few blocks from the stadium. Expect BBQ and chciken wings rather than jambalaya and boudin.

Auburn is not Baton Rouge, so don't expect it to be.

For a good deli sandwich, go to Momma Goldberg's. Pizza, Mellow Mushroom. BBQ, Barbeque House. Chciken fingers, Guthrie's. Chicken wings, Buffulo's.

Ask anyone in orange or blue for directions.