Tainted Trophy

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I'm hearing a lot about the possibility of Barner's crystal ball being taken from them if the hammer is dropped. HOWEVER, the ncaa ruled scam eligible to play in the seccg and the ncg...soooo, if scam/barner is found guilty, it sounds to me like Barner would have to forfeit all but the seccg and the ncg.

2. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

The NCAA declared Rose eligible at Memphis. Then after losing the NCAA Championship, declared him ineligible and stripped the entire season. Yet Kansas had the same violation yet no sanctions.

Translation: Since Auburn won, I don't think they will strip them. If they had lost I think they could have had the whole season vacated.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

That was the best $180,000 Auburn boosters ever spent !!!

They should not be stripped of the NC. Cam was underpaid !! :wink:

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Didn't they vacate USC's 2004 title?

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The whole thing's a quagmire. The difference between SC'04 and AU'11 is that there was no investigation of SC while they were playing. Everything came well after the fact. For Auburn, the question arose while they were playing, and the NCAA said,"we've checked it out, you're OK, the kid can play." For them to come back after the fact and say, "oops, we were wrong, he was ineligible, now we're going to take your title away" would be beyond sh!tty.

The alternative, of course, would be if the NCAA had told Auburn during the season, we can't investigate this properly in the limited time available before the SECCG; it would be wise of you to sit Cam for the game and not risk the penalty. So AU sits him, they lose and then the NCAA announces it found nothing wrong and he could have played. Like I said, a quagmire.