Take American Flag Down

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jun 25, 2015.

1. old school

old school Veteran Member

The inability of Obama to be magnanimous in victory or a "good winner" is perhaps one of my biggest problems with his personality. I will always remember a clip of him reminding McCain that he won the election when they were at a round table discussion with Republican and Democratic leaders trying to hash out an agreement. I can't remember the topic, whether it was to balance the budget or what, but I sure remember the classless way he tried to rub it in McCain's face while McCain addressed him as "Mr. President" and stayed respectful. How in the world can you expect the Republicans to work with you when you exhibit that type of immature behavior?

StaceyO, tirk, LSUTiga and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSUDad and gyver like this.
  3. old school

old school Veteran Member

Oh, Oh,... my ancestors may have slaughtered yours! But I can attest that my family didn't become billionaires if that helps. As for as reparations go I can offer you a lucky bean, an old bus token, and a half box of q-tips, "hardly used".:)

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Back on the subject of should a devout Christian baker be forced to bake the gay wedding cake. By the same token should a Jewish flagmaker be forced to make a Nazi flag for a neo-Nazi? Should a black tailor be forced to make a Ku Klux Klan robe?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I was surprised he got away with a comment earlier this week at a White House reception being held for LGBT (prior to the decision). A heckler tried to take him to task on immigration and Obama's response was, "No, no, no.....listen, not in my house." Wow. Really? I get he's the current occupant but it's not "his house" and he shouldn't say it is.

Scalia wrote a typically entertaining and brilliant descent and he pointed out, "this Court, which consists of only nine men and women, all of them successful lawyers who studied at Harvard or Yale Law School. Four of the nine are natives of New York City. Eight of them grew up in east- and west-coast States. Only one hails from the vast expanse in-between. Not a single Southwesterner or even, to tell the truth, a genuine Westerner (California does not count). Not a single evangelical Christian (a group that comprises about one quarter of Americans), or even a Protestant of any denomination." And even then it was still 5-4.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Aye....ye sound Scaw-ish indeed. Ne parcas, nec spernas.

7. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

By the same argument used for gay marriage it applies. 14th Amendment right?
    If all states have to recognize same sex marriage then all have to recognize each other's CC permit. It's 1 traffic stop away from going all the way to the SCOTUS and when it does the lawyers already have a blueprint to follow.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. gyver

Scotch-Irish descent here.
    The Irish side hails from the McMullen Clan of Cork County Iteland. They fought the Brits, Indians, Yanks, Japs, and Germans. Not sure about the Scots yet.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Scots are, in fact, Irish. They came from Ireland and drove out or assimilated the Picts and have withstood invasion and assimilation by the Anglo-Saxons, the Vikings, and the Normans.

gyver likes this.
  10. gyver

I knew there was a reason nobody Fricked with Grandma.

old school likes this.