Take my Saints......Please!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Dec 15, 2002.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

if the saints.....

dont draft a conerback, a safety, and a Linebacker in the first 2 rounds....I am going to be pissed off.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Yeah, they need help on D

But I'm not giving up on these Saints yet. I'm going to trust Haslett and root for the Saints unless they relocate. Up until their playoff win a couple of years ago, I was really beginning to believe in a jinx. Why name a pro team in NO the "Saints" when the city is obviously dedicated to sinners (not that I'm complaining). But I believe now. The Red Sox can win the World Series and the Saints can win the Super Bowl. They're going to be in the playoffs and anything can happen once they get there.

P.S. I didn't see the game yesterday so I apologize for not being able to feel everyone's pain. They've looked good in the 7-8 games I've seen.

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Really? I haven't had many defense problems with them in Madden. I use a lot of 3-4 formations and have few problems.

I'm thinking we're going to pick up a CB and Safety in the first round.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Now that I think about it, had the Saints drafted Winslow and he became an all pro tight end in New Orleans, his son may have fallen in love with LSU and gone there instead of Miami. Damn. The Saints are even screwing with the Tigers.

5. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

Ahh..........Kellen Winslow.........

I have to admit in the late '70s and early '80s I was a HUGE Charger fan. You know, back in the days when Saints fans HAD to have a backup team so there'd be some reason to watch football in January? Anyway, as many of my Lone Star residing compadres are aware of, yet again a Saints game was removed from our very sight with under a minute left. Could I be more pissed? They break from Phil-Wash just in time to see the Saints hold the Vikes a couple o times, then they go down and score.....31-24!!! yeah!!! only 4 1/2 minutes to go...they can hold em! er.....I said hold em....hey they're at midfield......come on, hold em.......(Atlanta's behind!!!!)......uh oh, at the 35, one minute left (dang, Atl tied and TB won!!).......ummm....hold em.....44 seconds left (we now leave this broadcast to join the next scheduled Fox game of the Cowboys versus the Giants)...What the F@#$?!?!?!?! You gotta be kidding me, right?!?!?!?! I'm in HELL, I'm in HELL!!!!!! Well, I'll switch over to CBS because they do a better job of posting the scores. MN 32, NO 31, final. AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You wanna know what pain is? :eek: :eek: :confused: :mad: :( :(

6. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Regarding the Saints defense -- who's that coaching the Saints defensive backs? Why, that's Mike Riley, who turned down the Alabama head coaching position. Reminds me of taking a guy who lost his last game 65-7 (see LSU's coaching hire in 1995 in his last game as the Vandy coach).

Why, with that defense, do colleges now want to pluck defensive coaches from the Saints? Zook, Riley, Bunting ...

7. SabanFan

With apologies to Moe Bandy...

Burleson you wrote my life.

8. Hookem

Hookem Freshman

Maybe they'll give up on Duece and draft another running back.

9. SabanFan

Show of hands...

How many here did not know the Vikings would run Culpepper up the middle on the 2 point conversion?