Talk about a pedigre?!?! :shock:

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by BostonBengal, Feb 22, 2006.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Terence Calais from Patterson.... His dad is former Tiger Ivory Hilliard. His mom is the sister of former Tiger Mike Calais and Dalton Hilliard is his uncle! :shock: WOWZERS!!!

Ok...if EVER we had a legacy with more connections than that, I would LOVE to know who they were!

Terence is 6-foot-1 and 205 lbs. and runs a 4.52-forty and the article I read seemed to be very impressed with his hitting abilities!

Doug Mallory is currently recruiting him (though LSU has yet to extend a scholarship--I wouldn't be surprised if one comes sooner rather than later). He projects as a safety at the next level and that could be good for us. Imagine Terance and Giddens patrolling the deep secondary! :eek: Note to WR's: Don't go over the middle!

It's still too early in the evaluation process, but Terence is going to be a Sr. next year and rivals usually puts out their first batch of rankings sometime early-to mid summer. He'll no doubt be ranked 20 at his position.

Terence didn't personally say where LSU stood on his list, or anything specific about them, but he does have the Tigers listed as his early favorites along with Michigan, Miami, Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Arkansas.

I think that, right now, the only reasons we don't get Terence is if:
    1. We don't offer him a scholarship (but don't bet on that happening)
    2. We really just ignore him later in the recruiting seasons
    3. He feels that he won't be able to live up to the success as his uncles and dad, and just wants to make a name for himself elsewhere

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

His last name isn't Hilliard, so at least 50% of the fans won't know or care about it.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It would be more of a personal thing I assume, not to mention the fact that if he is successful here it will be mentioned quite often.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Hilliard pedigree eh? Go down to patterson and meet some of the hilliards.. the ones that arent successful businessmen or ex-football players (or both) are crackheads and dropouts... Hope this one goes the right direction...

5. BostonBengal

Perhaps that's why he kept the last name "Calais"??? :hihi:

But, c'mon, loco...you can't judge them all the same...

6. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I can't tell you how many times I have thought to myself "If they weren't playing football, they would be robbin' banks" i.e. Randy Moss

Todd

7. BostonBengal

Well...I didn't grow up in Patterson, so I don't know the Hilliard reputation but I don't think many people here care to hear about a generalization about all Hilliards.

Everyone deserves to be treated fairly and not by what their namesakes have done before them.

8. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I hope you didn't misunderstand my statement. It wasn't directed at the Hilliard family but by the actions of a few specific collegiate and NFL players.

Todd

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yeah but he wouldn't give 100% on every robbery attempt.

10. BostonBengal

I don't think I misunderstood it at all...the thread was about Terence Calais--and his relation to the Hilliards. It was then mentioned by someone--specifically downgrading all Hilliards to which you follow up "if THEY weren't playing football, they'd be robbing banks".....

That's using the "understood 'they'" as the Hilliards/Calais from Patterson because that's the only people we were talking about....