Talk about your all time backfires.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Maderan, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Wolf04

Wolf04 Founding Member

I feel so sorry for ND and it's fans. This couldn't happen to a more gratious and non-arrogant group of individuals :hihi: :lol: :rofl:

I didn't like ND before this and after the way thewy treated a class act like Ty i like them even less. **** ND!!!!:cuss:

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Sorta' like the chicken-or-the-egg dilemna. You could say the offensive players benefitted from the system Borges installed, or you could say the system that Borges installed "unlocked" the value of the talent on offensive side of the ball. JMO, but I think for all the bad things folks had to say about offensive coordinator Hugh Nall last season, he he shown this year that he is one helluva' O-line coach. The O-line has made THE biggest difference in the team this season.

That being said.........it's my opinion that the answer to your question is, "neither."

It's Gene Chizik and the remarkable job he has done in crafting one of his best defenses ever. When you consider what they have achieved (as a unit) this season, especially after the players that departed for the NFL (Karlos Dansby, Dontarious Thomas, etc), it's really an effort deserving of Asst-of-the-Year consideration.

Either way, if Tuberville is going to take the criticism when the team struggles, then he's due the credit when it suceeeds, JMO.

[​IMG]

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Sorry bro. I was with you until this statement. That honor belongs to the defense Saban and Muschamp built last year. Maybe you were talking about the best defense AU has had.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Well...... He did say "one of his best defenses ever" in the part you quoted. :thumb:

5. fanatic

Yep. I definately mis-read the post. I stand corrected.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah he said HIS DEFENSES. I was actually about to bring up the def coordinator as doing the best job before seeing caddi's complete response. saved me the trouble.

if you take every ACC and SEC team and choose the best scoring defense, Va Tech is 2nd with 12.4 while AU is 9.6 (the tenths may be off, that was from memory). that's dominating as LSU's last year though not in the same class as that team was its still freaking amazing what he has done to replace those studs. Dansby is just sick. I cannot believe they replaced his leadership and talent. Jason Campbell deserves as much credit as anyone though. happy for that kid.

7. fanatic

Yep. In my haste to point out who REALLY had the best defense ever, I mis-read the post. :grin: I stand corrected - again. :cool:

8. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Is anyone else seeing a trend? Florida fires a coach with a winning record yet the coveted one goes elsewhere. Notre Dame fires Willingham and gets turned out by Myer. And don't forget a few years back the whole Nebraska situation. Look where they are now. I'm thinking these coaches with some stroke are black balling these universities with an unspoken pact. Looks funny anyway. I'm all for it.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

i wouldnt worry to much, they can't eat you. :dis: they might try though......... :shock:

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Yep, I actually meant one of Gene Chizik's best defenses ever , meaning in his career. I don't believe this defense is as good as LSU's '03 D, but they've had the same effect on opponents......pain and destruction.

[​IMG]