Talked to recruit tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PGTiger, Jan 17, 2005.

1. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

I talked to Careg Bonner tonight who attends Huntsville High. Careg plays half back for HHS. Anyways, we were talking and he said that Bobby Petrino was in his living room a few days ago and had a nice meeting. He said if Bobby would of went to LSU to coach that he would of been a Tiger, but since Bobby is staying at Louisville he wants to be a Cardinal. This guy is incredible and would be a nice pick up. He's one of my sister's good friends so if I see him again before he makes his decision I'll try to talk him into going to LSU.

He said that he isn't going to even take the Ole-Miss trip anymore, he says it would be a waste of time.

I also asked him why he would want to play in the Big East and only play decent opponents and he pretty much just said it would be easier to win the Big East than the SEC. Careg has scholarships to every SEC school and Michigan, but he doesn't want to go to Tennessee, Alabama, or Michigan because 3 former Huntsville players are currently on that team and he wants his own team. He said that LSU interests him but not much. Lousville is his #1 school right now.

http://studentsports.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=28024&sport=1

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Thanks .... Looks like the ship will be full though. Never heard his name mentioned with LSU either.

3. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Don't blame you..but I think he kind of acts differently around me because I'm his friends brother. I think if he was talking to an adult about it he may have answered the questions differently, but you never know.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The link you provided lists Ole Miss, Miss State, Troy State and Louisvile as his college choices. That doesn't sound like offers from every SEC school are you sure he has offers and not just some interest?

5. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

to bad LSU is missing out on a 2 star athlete. :confused:

6. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Not sure, this is what I have heard from him and friends of his.

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

EXACTLY! :lsup: LSU!

8. sparkafatty

sparkafatty Founding Member

Seems to me your sister might be ab le to swing him LSU's way. Tell her to be "nice" to him... ya know take one for the team.:wink: :thumb:

9. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Haha, he's going out with my sister's best friend also. :)

10. sparkafatty

sparkafatty Founding Member

TAG TEAM HIM!!!! That ought to seal the deal.