Tampa as always

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by tirk, Sep 20, 2015.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I don't think Brees has the time left in him to wait on a rebuilding project. Maybe if it only takes a year, but anything past that is pushing it. The future is now.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Damn, officially two weeks in the league and he's already a bust?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He was way below expectations during the preseason also. When you draft a player that high you expect him to be good enough to get more than 3 reps in a game unless he is injured.

4. mctiger

Brees contract is just the beginning. They're still on the hook for something like 12 million for Galette, they're overpaying Evans, and Ingram. They blew it on the 2 free agent linebackers from Dallas. And let's not even star talking about Byrd. But most importantly, as I pointed out earlier, they laid an egg in 3 consecutive drafts.

5. mctiger

You're forgetting that tackle was not an area of need to begin with; that's been said from the moment Peat was selected. But I really think Peat will replace Strief, if not before the season ends, certainly going into next year. Anthony and Kikaha are definitely on the way to being impact starters. Swann, Davieson and Murphy are seeing extensive playing time. The only question marks in this draft are Williams on IR, and Grayson, who was drafted as a project. This will go down as a very positive draft, and I think if the team had duplicated it even once in the previous 3 years we'd be looking at a very different team right now.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Brees is done. Finished. God love him but get him off the field.

KyleK likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brees has said he wants to play until he is 40. He is 36 now.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He is nowhere near what he used to be. Time to go Drew.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

There is no now for the Saints, they are a really bad football team. With the cap situation, a declining Brees and almost zero talent around him, this is a rebuild job and that won't happen over night. All the attempts at quick fixes have only tied up more money in washed up players and depleted what talent the team had.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brees had an MRI on his shoulder today. Don't know the result but guy on the radio mentioned torn rotator cuff. When I tore my rotator cuff there was no way I could have thrown a football for at least 4 months. I couldn't even reach behind my back to wipe my ass.