Tampa has some interesting things to do

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Florida Travel Concierge, Dec 16, 2013.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I tell people all the time:

I was raised in North Baton Rouge, but I grew up in the Quata.

VampMuse likes this.
  2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

The French Quarter is a special place and a unique part of Americana. Ybor won't compare, just as Beale Street doesn't compare. Hell, there isn't anything in Montreal or Paris that compares... That said, fun is what you make it... I even had a great time in Topeka once....

3. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I was back in Florida for Thanksgiving and we went to Busch Gardens. If you are in to roller coasters, they are by far the best in the State and maybe the country. Their marketing seems to suck since Inbev sold it off after the Budweiser takeover. Didn't bother us as their really weren't any long lines. There is also an option to buy a whole day express pass to basically cut in line which for New Years week it might be worth it since kids are out of school. You also have the option to go to SeaWorld on the same ticket for something like $5 dollars more. There are some good shows at the park as well. One of my favorite places in Florida. You also have the beaches near by if the weather is favorable.

4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Cool its still open, Busch Gardens is great. I spent many summers there, used to run into all the old time Wrestlers. Met Randy Savage there, saw a few others.