Tariffs are bad, so I am told.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jul 23, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Bengal B and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Actually we don’t. There’s a proposed deal but Mexico says it’s part of NAFTA so that will need Canada’s participation. In fact there’s still a long way to go......sort of like the way N Korea is eliminating their nucs. It will also need to be approved by the Senate. There’s a lot to work on. Like most of Trump’s “triumphs “ this is announced before there’s anything real to it.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

"Canada must now return, hat in hand, for a deal. If not, Trump will advance the deal with Mexico and leave Canada behind. Today he again vowed to raise car tariffs on Canada if it refuses to revise unfair levies of nearly 300 percent on some American goods, among other unfair practices.

The European Union and China will also be greatly concerned about the Mexico deal—and more likely to negotiate seriously. "

Canada is about to be left behind. I seriously cant believe you are so petty that you cant see this is a good thing and wont give the man credit. Thankfully the stock market disagrees with you

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Petty? You mean following the law and Constitution is petty? Trump isn’t a dictator (except maybe in his mind) and needs the consent of the Senate to ratify a treaty. If it’s not ratified then it’s nothing but a meaningless scrap of paper
    Do you mean that it’s of no import that Mexico says that their understanding is that the new agreement is a modification of NAFTA not a rejection of it.
    Thankfully the law and the Constitution agree with me.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

DACA

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

DACA isn’t a treaty that has a constitutional requirement.

7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

But it was by the president’s pen...dictator?

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Don’t expect to change any minds, but Trump’s announcement was rambling and incoherent. Once again, he put out the “good people on both sides” line, how they worked long hours into the night. And he said Canada over and over and over.

I caught NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE. Just generalities talking all around the agreement.

Combining whatever it is that was agreed to with NAFTA was embarrassing. Like a senile old man just rambling on and on.

Like someone said, “The problem with the call with the Mexican President was lack of a translator . . . For whatever Trump was trying to say.”

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

No matter what he does you, Winston and Duck will find something wrong. This was for the country and will benefit everyone. You actually think this is not a deal that will benefit America? You will look like a fool when it's all said and done.

10. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

just standing to the side innocently minding my own business when, bam, I'm hit.