Tasmin Mitchell

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Mar 23, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

There is talk about him considering Kentucky more and more and that he says they are 50 / 50 right now - there is a post on the recruiting forum saying that Tubby Smith has made him priority #1. I hate to hear this. Does anyone have any insight on this? He will visit UK soon...

2. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

I'm from Denham Springs and Tasmin was a freshman my senior year. This past season i did color commentary on the radio for denham basketball. Tubby has been to denham high practices a couple times and i know Tasmin is considering Kentucky. The only thing I see that is goin to kept Tasmin in Baton Rouge is the fact that he would want to stay close to his mom.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Butch Pierre is his godfather...If nothing else, at least Tasmin leaving would ultimately nail the coffin shut into Brady's tenure...

Poetic justice...nailed by the one kid who could probably make even a coach as p!ssy as Brady is look good goes to another school, and sticks the fork in him...

Butch is tight with Tasmin, and as long as Butch is here, Tasmin's coming to LSU...

I remember Marquise Hill telling everyone but me when he was in high school as a senior that Michigan was his leader...He told me in an interview that he was "80%, if not more, LSU..."...No one believed me, but he ended up laughing about how he hoodwinked the media and was reading the internet, etc...laughing all the way...

Trust me, what is said hither and thither is almost all pure conjecture...Tasmin's almost a lock to LSU, as long as Pierre sticks around...

BTW-He's been a father for about 2 years now...So leaving his child may also factor into his decision...

4. BB

BB Founding Member

I hope you are right TE, maybe I'm just buying into the speculation - I really want this kid at LSU - I just feel so uneasy about the entire basketball program. Like you said, a kid like Tasmin could make a lot of programs great.

5. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

It's hard to sell boring basketball and an angry, stubborn head coach to most people..even a local kid. I think it says alot about the good feelings of guys like Bass and Davis toward LSU. They could have called any school in America and been welcomed warmly, but they chose to stay in-state.

6. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Tasmin Mitchell will definitely bring us to a Final Four. I am also in the 11th grade and I remember playing against him when I was like 7 years old. He was dominating back then. We were talking about him playing at LSU when we were 7. That's pretty crazy. If he comes to LSU, which I think and hope he will, it'll definitely save Brady's job.

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

TigerPrideLSU...From one Livingston Parish High School alumni and LSU fan to a future LP'er and current LSU fan...Have fun...

You know a John Watson or Tony Terry? They both went from Denham High to Watson back in 1997...When I was a senior in High School...LOL

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

cmon if you want any credibility you have to give the coach his props for the players he gets. you cannot have it both ways...if he is responsible for attrition then he is responsible for the players he keeps.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Has anyone given this kid the chance to jump straight to the NBA? Carmelo was the last number 1 recruit to stay in college( Lebron went and I am counting on Dwight Howard this year to go) and Melo only stayed one year....

What are his pro chances?

10. BB

BB Founding Member

No question about it - he will certainly be capable of making the jump. This kid is getting some major hype and I have to believe that if he lived in a bigger city in the Northeast that he would become a household name by the end of next year. I still have not seen him play, but many of the people and publications hyping him up are legit.