Tattoos on women

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by wjray, Oct 9, 2014.

1. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I was reading the police report from the Kenner PD on the Destrehan teachers who were arrested for having sex with a male student. You can access the report here: http://www.wwl.com/Police-release-report-on-teacher-sex-case/20080274

I noticed that both of the teachers have various tattoos, with the older teacher (I think she's 32) having four -- arm, back, stomach and foot -- while the younger has two -- arm and foot.

I fully realize the acceptability of tattoos, especially on women, has changed dramatically over my lifetime. My wife, in her mid 40s, has a small-ish tattoo on her shoulder blade that's not visible with 90 percent or more of the clothes she wears. Several female attorneys I've worked with have had tattoos with some of them being visible even when they are dressed for court.

I don't know how I feel about tattoos on women.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Two thumbs down on women with visible tattoos. And what about people who get tattoos in places where they can't even see them themselves? I'm not just talking tramp stamps. A kid who used to work for me had a large tattoo on the back of his neck. Later he went back and finished school and got his degree. Last time I talked to him was at least 10 years ago but he was in law school then so I suppose he is a lawyer now and has to go to court with that ugly tattoo visible to everybody

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I guess my wife would fall into that category with where hers is placed.

Two of the three college girls standing in line to get coffee have visible tattoos. One, on the outer right thigh, says, "Every Saint has a past/Every Sinner has a future", the other is fairly large on the inside of her left wrist, but I can't read it. At least one of them is sporting a sorority t-shirt.

I just don't get it.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I grew up when tattoo parlors only existed in New Orleans and they were pretty low-life places for sailors and bikers. Mostly amateur tattooists and jailhouse tattoos everywhere else around here. People with tattoos in the 70's were highly likely to have hepatitis. I tended to avoid heavily tattooed women. The AIDS thing made tattoo parlors clean up their acts and get legal so that's probably not the risk it once was.

The art can be cool and I understand people making statements. But the main reason I don't particularly like tattooed women is the same reason I never got tattooed myself. Who wants to look at the same shit for years and years? Would a woman who wore the same clothes every day appeal to me? Not very long. Same thing with the tats. What is cool and new one year can be pretty damned dated and boring three decades later. Or next year. The shit is permanent.

If I had gotten tattooed in the 70's when some of my friends did, it would have been psychedelic mushrooms and Grateful Dead hippie shit. Far out, Man.

One tattooed girl story is from my days working at a civil engineer firm right out of college. It was a rainy day, so all of the surveying crews were in the engineer's shack on the jobsite telling tales. Namvets and former roadies starting showing the overseas and rock tour tattoos on their arms. Then this petit long-haired girl working as a flagman says, "I have a tattoo" and she drops her jeans about 6 inches in the back and shows us "Property of the Gypsy Jokers" tattooed on her ass from her former days as a biker chick in California. I couldn't help thinking that this girl is going to be a grandmother some day and will still have "Property of the Gypsy Jokers" tattooed on her ass. Some undertaker will be surprised.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I think many women have buyers remorse when they get older......but a well placed one on a sexy body is sexy to me.

fanatic and GregLSU like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A woman who was a big fan of the Beatles went to a tattoo parlor and asked for tattoos of John Lennon and Paul McCartney tattooed on her inner thighs. After the tattooist was done the woman was very dissatisfied. She didn't think either tattoo looked like Lennon or McCartney. They argued for a while until a drunk sailor came into the parlor. The tatooist ask the sailor to take a look and tell him whether the tattoos looked like Lennon and McCartney to him. The sailor said "I don't know who those guys on the left and right are but the one in the middle with the beard and the bad breath looks like Willie Nelson to me."

HalloweenRun and GregLSU like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This.

Not too big, not to flashy and not too many.

A foot, or a toe even, back of the neck or maybe just above and to the right or left of the promised land.

NEVER on the boobs. For God's sake they are some of his finest work ever, they don't need ink.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Never ever deface the boobs

shane0911 likes this.
  9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You aren't alone.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bill Walton is friends with the guys in Grateful Dead and his four sons grew up around them. All four of them have tattoos of 4 dancing skeletons twirling basketballs in honor of Grateful Dead and the four basketball playing brothers.