Tax Freedom Day

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by dallastigers, Apr 7, 2004.

1. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Looks like Tax Freedom Day gets here a lot earlier since Bush's tax cuts for us rich folks

:D

3. dallastigers

Since I have benefitted from Bush's tax cuts I must be a rich folk as well. To bad my bank account does not actually reflect this new found stature.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Vote for Kerry and Tax Freedom day will fall on October 22nd each year.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nothing comes for free. I'd like to see that chart against a chart of our record national debt.

6. dallastigers

Who is talking about "nothing comes for free"? I do not think anyone has implied that there should not be taxes, but there is a point when they cross the line. How may months are you willing to work that basically go to the government? If you want to pay more I am sure you can find a way to "give" more. I personally have enjoyed the cuts and want to make them permanent. Tax cuts did not create the debt, and they were not a large % of the debt in 2003. In fact most have credited the cuts for some of the private sector growth due to consumer spending. Apples to Apples I do not believe that cutting taxes raises tax revenue, but in recessions or very slow or small growth if cutting taxes can spur expansion and a larger GDP they can pay for themselves for at least the short term until the growth levels out and will sustain itself on its own.