Tax on "Cadillac Health Plans"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Texas_Tiger, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

In another shining example of transparency, Obamacare and Union leaders met behind closed doors. The purpose of this backroom meeting is to conjure up a plan to delay the tax from being imposed on collectively bargained health plans for several years.

Another payback to the unions, way to go Barry!

AP source: Union: White House bends on health tax - Yahoo! News

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I thought one of Obama's promises is that all this would be in the open and would be covered on C Span?

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

This whole tax on "cadillac" plans is stupid.

They want you to have insurance just not too much of it..

4. Sourdoughman

Well now they want you to not have too much insurance except unless you are union.
    I wonder why they are giving unions a break?:huh:

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I assume that is a rhetorical question.

1 person likes this.
  6. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Well, this thread has been here for three days and we've yet to see any statements from our liberal (or "alleged" moderate :lol:) on this issue.

Special treatment for unions
    Cornhusker Bill
    Louisiana Purchase
    Changing the rules for selecting politicians in Massachusetts
    etc., etc., etc.

This was the party who claimed to be transparent...the party of equality...the party of choice...the party of fairness...the party of ethical conduct.

Regardless of your political views you have to admit one thing. These guys sold the American people a load of $*#*!

If they keep making special rules for those who support them AND continue to spend money as fast as they can, how will this be paid for? The stimulus and other programs have not worked and unemployment is nowhere near where they claimed it would be, so how will this be paid for?

People here claimed this would not be a "Redistribution of Wealth" administration. People here also claimed that taxes would not be increased under this administration. People here claimed Bush was the problem and as soon as he was replaced the economy would be fine. So again I ask, how will this be paid for?

...and for one particular poster...NO, I'm not going back to read old threads or to the internet to PROVE my point because you'll only respond with your same song and dance. For once PROVE this administration has done a great job and use real proof not some slanted internet story from a non-credible entity like NBC or MSNBC.

A new record was broken this week as Obama has the highest success rate ever in Congressional support. That means there's absolutely NO excuse to pass this agenda. If anything stalls you can't blame it on Republicans or Independents yet they are still doing so. :nope: So...where's the progress?

I guess I need to build a Gantt chart showing where this administration is. We'll go backwards nine years as our "blame" line and forward seven years as our "success" line and we'll just keep using both as time passes. What happens when we get to the end and we have nothing? Do we just blame 16 years on Bush?

7. Sourdoughman

Obama was right on one thing however, he brought a lot of change to Washington DC.
    We went from Washington style politics to Chicago style, back room secret deals and bribes.
    Sounds like Al Capone:thumb:

8. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

I was thinking the same thing. I'm also wondering how they are going to blame this on Bush.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

No matter who you support or what side you align to, there is one thing that cant be denied. In the last 120 days Obama has lost a HUGE amount of public opinion support for his handling of the economy and health care.

These 2 items alone have seen a 10-15% cumulative shift of public opinion support. This is a substantial change in the terms of public opinion polling. What this means election wise in the future is unknown but the independents are moving away from Obama by the millions. Sweetheart deals for union tax cuts on health plans will only make it worse.

Obama Administration

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Yep...and there has been a 30 point swing in Massachusetts to fill Kennedy's spot. If a liberal state barely elects a Democrat or elects a Republican, I think that is a definite indicator that this administration and Congress are NOT doing what the people want OR what they said they would do.