Tax Question

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Everyone is created equal and use/have use of the same services.

Everyone should pay the same $ amount.

One man shouldn't pay $100 and another $1000.

Now is it fair to have 15% for investments. NO.

Is it fair for my neighbor to pay $10,000 and I pay $100,000 or vice versa. NO.

The whole system is a cluster-****.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You answer is certainly one. It did not address my question.

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I'm unsure how it didn't.

4. red55

I know, amigo.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Yeah way dense. I answered the OP's question exactly correctly. I made nothing up. The reality is that unless some proposal is acted upon ALL BUSH TAX CUTS WILL BE GONE ON 1/1/2011. This will lead to higher taxes in 11 but no additional liability for 10. The fact that no one wants all the cuts to expire is not relevant until something is done. Stop being such a contrarian and understand un-enacted proposals don't make expiring tax cuts stick.

See it an 'or' statement, not an and statement. You are so inclined to object you don't even realize when you contradict yourself.

A healthy economy is simply not dependent on a healthy federal budget. Huge deficits are not always a culprit in an economic downturn. Sometimes if they are for the right types of projects they may be good.

Says the guy who doesn't understand a deficit can be erased by cutting spending alone.

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Well that's not fair either. haha

7. red55

Not relevant? Seriously? Ok, you can just ignore that something is going to be done until it happens. Meanwhile, the rest of us can discuss whether ALL cuts will be extended as the GOP advocates or SOME cuts will be extended as the Dems advocate.

:huh: You say only spending cuts will reduce a deficit, I say that adding income will do it as well and I personally think that doing both is most effective.

What I said is that they affect each other and so cannot be considered to be completely independent.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Targeting the rich has been tried and failed miserably. Until you understand that it is the rich who provide jobs in this country, you will continue to be clueless. Though their percentage is less than lower earners, their dollars are far more. The reason they get a "break" is to incentivize jobs growth. The money is used to grow businesses. If Obama tries to double their tax load, they will pick up and go, people will lose jobs and you will be bitching that the wealthy don't care. You and Obama are both idiots...err...naive... for thinking you can simply raise their tax rates and the treasury will suddenly swell with extra money. It's not that simple. If it were it would have been done long ago. If you or Barack had ever run a business you would know this.

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The easiest solution is cut everything 20% (or whatever number you like). EVERYTHING across the board for X number of years.

Lower the debt ceiling and make it Perm.

Rid the Federal Reserve.

Reduce income taxes.

10. red55

When? Where?

Another popular lie that you cannot prove. The rich have gotten huge tax breaks in the last 10 years, where are the job that they created? We're talking about personal income here, not business income. Big business actually sent salary-paying jobs overseas to improve personal profits for their stockholders.

Again you confuse rich individuals with rich businesses. Actually, rich individuals are piling up personal wealth. The gap between the rich and the middle clas grew significantly in the last 10 years.

Go where? You confuse business and rich individuals again.

No one will lose jobs just because the rich had a temporary tax break expire. The only reason that it passed was that it was supposed to be temporary. It did none of the things that you say it does while it is in force. So we will lose nothing when the rich pay their fair share again.

That ain't the argument here, have you forgotten already? The rich pay less on their personal income than you and I do. I think this is unfair. You just kiss their rich asses for reasons that totally escape me. It's a fools behavior.

I run three businesses, chief, and work a full-time professional job on top of it. Are stereotypes really all you got?

Good to see you venture more than a quip in response, though, I hate to discourage you.