TC's Take

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Jan 8, 2011.

1. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Obviously this was a good year for LSU football. It was much better than most of us anticipated. In August, I predicted seven or eight wins.

You have to hand it to Miles. Getting eleven wins out of an SEC team with Jefferson and Lee at QB wasn't easy. Luck was certainly involved in a few of LSU's victories, but overall this was a well-coached bunch who worked hard to overcome their deficiencies at the most important position in the game, QB.

Jefferson played well in the Cotton Bowl, but I don't think anyone is convinced he can lead LSU to an SEC or national championship next year (unless LSU somehow conjures a defense the caliber of the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens). He just isn't consistent enough. Perhaps Mettenberger's arrival will make Jefferson work harder than he ever has toward improvement, but that remains to be seen.

The LSU football program is solid, and, for all my past cynicism and pessimism, I am proud of it. I look forward to next season and cheering them on!

Finally, for those of you who have been wondering where my posts have been this year, I'll tell you. I have been adjusting to the biggest change in my life, the addition of my first child. His name is Max, and he was born on October 18th. He has consumed all of my extra time, he looks great in purple and gold, and I could not be happier!

1 person likes this.
  2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

congrats on the birth of your child.

but, imo, you've still been an ass all season. you seem to have gone out of your way to find the negative and refuse to see the positive. i hope having a child will change that outlook.

2 people like this.
  3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Very good post and congrats on the birth of your 1st child.

BTW...are you related to Wayne Campbell?

[​IMG]

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lets hope little max campbell is not home schooled. he will never learn to use a computer.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Geez, both TC and Danthefan have come over from the Dark Side. 11 wins cures all ills.

6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I would hope so. You'd have to be one whiney MF'er to bitch after an 11-2 season in the SEC.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

That's pretty crazy. My oldest (the one in the avatar) also was born on October 18th (2006). Congrats!

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Congrats on the baby. And thanks for posting. I've been too lazy to go look up your old posts, just so I could put you on ignore. Now I don't have to. (look up the old posts...you're still going on ignore)

:wave:

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I was sick the night the Tigers beat the Gators in the swamp this year. It felt better than any and all medicines perscribed. Winning is the magic elixer.

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Fixed your post. :wave: :geaux: :lsup: LSU! :lsup: