TCU to the SEC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Jul 7, 2006.

1. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I present to you the comedy stylings of the TCU message board. This isn't the first time I've seen this rumbling about TCU jumping to the SEC in 2008. There is quite a long thread about it over on Tidefans as well. The rumor goes that the SEC will expand to 14 teams in 2008 and TCU and an unnamed school will be part of the expanded SEC.

"AUBURN and ALABAMA have been pleading with the SEC for years to move to the more natural EAST division of the SEC. The SEC is unable to do this without expansion. In an expansion AUBURN and ALABAMA would go to the EAST division and KENTUCKY would go to the WEST division (which they have been screaming to do for decades!), along with TCU and SOUTHERN MISS being added to the WEST division."

Full thread here:
    http://www.killerfrogs.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=54156

2. clair

clair Rockets

i wouldnt mind in the sense that LSU would win the west easily in every sport, but it really doesn't make sense

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

AU, Bamma, Florida, Georgia, Tenn. all in the east. Historically that would be a strong team to survive that. But past performance is no indication of future results.

4. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

That is what made it funny to me. That poster was talking out of his ass. No one in the SEC would go for that except LSU. The competitive balance in the divisions would be thrown out of whack.

5. clair

clair Rockets

with kentucky going to the east, basketball would be a little more competitive in the west, b/c auburn isn't much, and bama isn't as good as uk historically

other than that, the east is a complete monster house

i never liked "divisions" anyway. I always thought it should all be 1 conference like in woman's basketball, that way we can play auburn in the SECCG one year, or Auburn can maybe play Bama, etc

6. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Uh... the divisions haven't been around for decades... ;)

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Considering this was their first year in the Mountain West Conference, that would be a pretty fast jump to another conference.

I got a chance to talk to a lot of their fans last summer, and they were not happy to be leaving CUSA. They said that a lot of fans wrote letters and petitioned the school not to leave CUSA for the Mt. West but it fell on deaf ears.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Say wha?

I agree TCU is one of the hottest mid-majors, but great chance to win it the division every year?? I repeat...

Say wha?

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The author of that thread may be the dumbest person I have ever known.

10. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Was it Kjunsausage?