TCU to the SEC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Jul 7, 2006.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

why not vandy instead of uk?

id prefer memphis over s.miss because of bball team/tradition and recruiting (bball)

sec should drop ole miss and pick up tcu or baylor to get into tx (at first, i thought i was joking, but on second thought im not so sure).

2. edyel

edyel edyel

I live in Kentucky,I was born and raised in Baton Rouge. I live in Kentucky and work in Cincinnati,OH. Tiger fans are all over the world and this country. I would live in La. if the state paid a liveable wage ,which it does not. People who live outside La. would love to come back home if they could afford to. Trouble is it does not look like that will ever happen. Damn shame too.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If in some persons mind TCU is added to the SEC, it is both a boon and a bane to the other teams in the league... TCU would quickly become an SEC power because of its recruiting base in texas (alot of players would go there instead of Austin so they can play in the SEC). It would also bring more players out of texas to other teams in the sec, however, it would cost LSU alot of its Texas influence... You add TCU and Memphis to the West and move Auburn to the East (lets them have their georgia rivalry and they could play Bama as their every year interdivisional game). Like I said, TCU wuold come up quickly and Memphis (in some years) could already be middle of the road in the SEC. soThere is your 14 team powerconference...

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I believe Baylor would beg to differ.

5. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Ole Miss would crap it's bed if Memphis got into the SEC.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Im not so sure Coach O would let U of. Memphis out of his fence he built around the city. :yelwink2::yelwink2:

7. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

First off, we already have our rivalry with Georgia...we play them every year as our interdivisonal game. So switching the Georgia and Alabama wouldn't make us any happier. We already play both of them every year.

The part about that that would make some Auburn fans happy is playing Tennessee and Florida every year...which we used to do.

But we had to drop our rivalry with them when we got put in the West when the divisional format came out. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure we have played Florida and Tennessee more than we have LSU. A lot of Auburn fans want those games back. (especially the old school fans)

I also disagree with TCU becoming a power just because they are an SEC school. I doubt that would happen.

Anyways it doesnt matter because the author of this is an idiot and is dreaming.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Forgive me for asking, but how would a certain team entering the SEC embarrass you?

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

That's just because y'all have winning records against those 2 schools.

*edit* and a losing record against Tulane:hihi: :rofl: :hihi:

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You are correct.