TCU

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Jetstorm, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I've been flippin' over a bit to catch the TCU-Utah game during our game's breaks. 37-0 TCU over Utah after three quarters. Wow. Total, complete domination. That defense is nasty good and they are more balanced and capable of offense than I thought; yeah they can run the ball but they made plays through the air too.

Would love to see how that defense would fare against Auburn or Oregon.

What does this big win do for them in the BCS standings?

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

unless the voters all change their minds and start voting for them, not much.
    i do expect TCU to possibly catch AU in computer average.

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Such a tough situation, because even though it isn't supposed to matter, Boise St beat TCU last year and they have essentially the same team. I know that most hate Boise St and want them to fail, but for me I wouldn't be able to ignore that game.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Today sure changed my thinking. I've favored Boise State all year as the better non-AQ team who is more deserving of a title shot. Now, I'm not so sure. That was a pretty good Utah team, that beat Big East front-runner Pittsburgh and hung 68 on the same Iowa State team that beat Texas in Austin and took Nebraska right to the edge today.

And TCU went into their house and completely, thoroughly dismantled them one piece at a time. It was gruesome.

Boise's defense is under-rated, and overshadowed by their offense. But seeing both teams play multiple times now, I think TCU is the more balanced, more complete team. The way they can also run the football, I think they can beat anybody. Gotta run, and stop the run. And TCU does both very well.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

WHICH IS bullchit....

Half of the teams in TCU's conference have losing records.... Half...

Same thing for BSU..

Now go Look at the SEC west. It could very well end up that 3-4 of the teams in the WEST have 10 wins with MSU possibly having 8-9......

Plz tell me that TCU and BSU deserve to be in the same sentence as that.

In the SEC TCU and BSU would each have 1+ loss this year....Prob more....

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Swap TCU and Ole Miss next year - just wholesale swap conferences. Ole Miss will be in the BCS controversy, and TCU upsets one or two teams but generally becomes a bottom-half SEC team.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Having seen everyone in the SEC play multiple times, and TCU play multiple times, this year, my quick take on each matchup.

TCU vs.

Alabama- Would probably go a lot like the game Alabama just played against us. Not a gimme by any means for Bama, especially on a neutral field.

Auburn- Cam Newton has already ripped one top defense to shreds, so this is probably the worst matchup for TCU out of the SEC. But with their quickness to the ball, I wouldn't be surprised if they contained him better than we did. And I think they could hurt Auburn offensively worse than us; they have competent QB play, unlike us up till now.

Arkansas- TCU wins by three touchdowns. Arky can't run and can't stop the run. Arky=Utah with a better quarterback. Razorbacks score more points, but TCU rolls.

Georgia- TCU in a blowout.

Florida- Depends which Florida team shows up. The Gators that fumble 15 snaps a game, commit 100 yards of penalties, and can't hardly run the ball at all, TCU rolls. The Florida team that showed up against Kentucky, Vandy, and Georgia, that gives Trey Burton 60% of the snaps at QB, that would be a good game.

LSU- Tough, gruesome defensive struggle. Unless we get the QB play we got against Bama or awesome special teams performance, not sure we could beat them. We would NOT crush them to the ground running the football, that defense is too good.

Ole Miss- TCU in a blowout. And Ole Miss would stink just as bad in the Mountain West as in the SEC. They'd finish no better than third in that league, maybe fourth.

Miss. State- Rugged, tough game for three quarters, but TCU also wins comfortably, IMHO.

South Carolina- TCU. Lattimore is a playmaker, but overall, I think this is a very poor matchup for the Gamecocks. Neutral field, I take the Horned Frogs.

Tennessee- TCU in a blowout.

Vandy- TCU in a blowout.

That's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

my bad, meant to say they could catch Oregon in computer average.
    didn't notice the phuck-up until you quoted my post.

this is computers ONLY, not in the overall BCS #s

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

First off, i love TCU. I used to live about 10 minutes from Fort Worth, and I absolutely love TCU's campus, and I believe they have a legit football team. However, my problem with all the media love all of the sudden for TCU is a bit ridiculous. So, the argument before this game was that TCU didn't play the big boys, and they don't play the consistent competition that teams from the Pac 10 or SEC play. So all of the sudden they beat Utah, and now they are the love of the media? Wait a minute? Isn't Utah a mid major also? How does that work exactly? So TCU isn't legit because they don't play the schedule that the big boys do, but they crush a mid major who is in pretty much the same position they are in, and now they are the bee's knees?

Honestly I think TCU is legit, but the whole theory is extremely flawed. Maybe this will be the year chaos breaks out for the BCS.

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

TCU is as strong as any other college football team on both sides of the ball. Either Oregon or Auburn will lose a game this year and TCU will play in the NCG.

A one lose SEC team will not jump TCU this year.