TE Prospects? 2009

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Mar 24, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Do we have any decent potential TE prospects to get in the 2009 class. It is apparent, that Crowton uses the TE as a big weapon in our offense. Richard was pretty good last year, I look for him to have a big year this year. I love the use of the TE in college football, its always unexpected, like in the NCG.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The Ming guy from Alabama is probably the highest on our board, but probably no chance we land him.

It does appear we are after 1 athletic TE, a Dickson type who can catch the ball.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

LSU signed 3 TE's two years ago, and 2 last year. However, one from the '07 class (Corbin) has been switched to the DLine and the other 2 have not overly impressed yet. Plus, one of the TE's signed last year is expected to grow into an OT.

Dickson is one of the top 10 receiving TE's in the country, but he needs a counterpart. We don't have one yet, but one should develop this year.

Considering the limited numbers, I do not expect us to sign a TE this year unless we can get a top-flight guy.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I don't see any on the horizon for LSU this year.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree