Tea Party Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 2, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Exactly. Trickle down doesn't work and you know it. So why do the rich need tax breaks in a free market?

There was a limit on the tax breaks, too. And you want them overturned. So you won't support helping working people get by during hard times, . . . but you do think that the rich should get richer at our expense . . . for doing nothing.

Obama is trying to pay for his spending, Republicans just cut income and borrow the money from China. The country wants the taxes it is due. They've gotten a 10-year break and you want them to have it forever while the country goes broke. :dis:

Great. How's the smell in fascist brown-nose land?

1 person likes this.
  2. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Who gives a rats ass if wealthy people create jobs or not. Giving tax cuts to some and not others is just WRONG.

Why is that the Democrats want to take money from people so much.

I say let the tax cuts expire, and then create newer lower tax cuts. Maybe one day the govt. will STOP spending.

3. red55

The Tea Party is hypocritical once again. The extension of the Bush tax cuts for the rich will add $700 Billion to the debt in just two years. And not one peep about it from the Tea Party. Apparently they are only against spending for the middle class that is paid for by taxes. But they are completely behind unpaid expenditures for the rich that will have to be borrowed and added to the national debt.

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Tax cuts don't create debt. SPENDING creates debt.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Yeah I don't see this as tea party hipocrisy. They want to reduce spending and taxes. This reduces taxes. If it were up to them, they would decrease spending more than enough to offset this money.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It amazes me how blind some of you guys are. Are all of you rich or something? If so that would make sense. And I would completely understand. But why do you campaign so hard for people who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire?

Reduce taxes for the middle class, the poor, thats wonderful, thats great. Nixon the conservative champion taxed the wealthy somewhere around 50%. Have you all not figured out that Voodoo economics does NOT work???? It hasn't since 01, why in the hell would think it would now?????

1 person likes this.
  7. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Bullxhit. They did squalled about the debt. A LOT. And Social Security. So now, it's ok to add to the debt, as long as it takes care of the well to do.

Somebody please explain to me how cutting taxes on wealthy individuals creates jobs. And don''t give me the small business crap, because it affects a very small percentage of small businesses.

If Joe Middlle Class or Poorman gets more income, he generally pumps it immediately back into the economy. That would seem to be better for the economy

I heard Seam "idiot" Hannity say if the rich have more money, they'll build second homes and buy yachts, which will create jobs. I'd rather have a million people build 1500 sq. ft. homes, than 100 millionaires build 25,000 sq. ft. homes

1 person likes this.
  8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

The gap between the rich and the middle class has widened, and some here keep carrying their water.

And they think we're the misguided ones.:dis:

9. red55

:insane:

Cutting income also creates debt because we must keep paying expenses. Remember the Bush tax cuts came without any identified spending cuts to pay for the lost income. It's a major reason why he added $5 Trillion to the debt and will continue to for another 2 years.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Look, i'm not commenting one way or another about the tea party. I'm just saying, this is certainly core to their principles to support this tax cut. It's call the phuking tea party for God's sake. You do remember what the Boston tea party was don't you? It was a boycott against high taxes.

And yes they squall about debt but in context.