Tea Party Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 2, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They object to the national debt, yet this extension adds $350 Billion a year to the national debt and come with no spending cuts whatsoever.

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Well the tea party doesn't make the laws, they can't just cut spending. If it were up to them, they would cut taxes and cut spending therefore cutting the debt. Agreed?

Since they can't enact legislation, they are supporting legislation that achieves some of their goals with the hopes of further goals being reached with further legislation.

The real hypocrisy would be for the tea party to oppose tax reduction wouldn't you think?

3. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

So, how do you propose cutting the debt then, Kemosabe? Exactly, because the devil's in the details. If it were simple or relatively painless, don't you think one of the parties would have done it by now and been heroes?

Earmarks? You'd be amazed how little that will help. Or maybe you're one of the one's who'd like to raise the age to Social Security? That's fine to make an accountant work till he's 69, but try laying bricks or framing houses at that age.

And we know the neo-con's in the tea party won't touch defense spending, but I've got a thought, how about a war tax or rationing while we're at war, like they did during WWII? Then we all share the sacrifice, not just our troops.

Think so many would have been gung ho about Iraq if everyone had to feel some pain?

4. mobius481

I have no idea why you guys are being so hostile. The only point I made is that it is not hypocritical for the tea party movement, whose name is based off of a boycott of high taxes, to oppose high taxes. I understand it doesn't complete their stated goals of lowering the deficit but it certainly would be more hypocritical to support higher taxes.

I'm starting to think you guys are messing with me now.

5. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

First off, the original tea party was because of taxation without representation, not high taxes.

I'm not hostile, but I constantly read on here about high taxes, goverment debt, stimulis spending, lazy poor people and overtaxed rich folks, who actually pay less, by percentage than the middle class.

And it's all Obama and Pelosi's fault. Watching Jindhal bash democrat spending while taking credit for the effects of that spending.

and by all means, don't extend unemployment benefits, (even though they go straight back into the economy) because it adds to the debt. The CBO said the best way to spend goverment money to stimulate the economy is to extend unemployment benefits, but lets not let facts get in the way of ideology.

But we have to extend temporary tax cuts to the most well off of us, even though they were given under the pretext that at the time, we had a surplus.

It really boggles the mind.

6. mobius481

yes, my statement was a bit of an oversimplification but nonetheless.

7. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

So it's the rich peoples fault and they shouldn't get a tax cut? There is no logic in that.

And yes those cuts came without any spending cuts, finally you understand. STOP SPENDING because I would like to keep my money.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Oh that is just political BS and you know it. By your rationality we could just call them permanent and that 350M "debt" goes away.

You can't count on money you don't have.

If I cut your personal income by 1% I guess you'll have more debt too eh?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have an idea, lets just give all the rich people the right to park in whatever handicap parking spot they want, and all people who aren't rich should bow every time someone that is rich walks by. We can even call them Lord.

The thing is, if you are rich, 25% isn't going to do anywhere close to what 25% would do to someone that is in a middle class tax bracket.

No one is saying the rich are evil. But hasn't your voodoo economics, and trickle down bullsh!t done enough to throw this country into the gutter? Wanna keep going until we end up like Mexico with only rich and poor, only gated houses and the rest slums?

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

It's irrelevant that it wouldn't "hurt" them as much. Just because someone has more doesn't give you the right or anyone else the right to take it.

I don't believe in trickle down. And I don't believe in stealing money from people. And how is it the rich people that got us into this mess again I didn't get that memo? The last time I looked it was the Govt. getting us into this mess with the FED, Spending, and crap Regulation, and people asleep at the wheel.

And somehow you think by taxing the rich more that the money gets to the poor? Yah right. It just goes back to the govt. who in turn give it to the rich.