Tea Party Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 2, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I just dont buy how lowering taxes increases the debt, or keeping tax rates the same.

The ONLY thing that adds to debt is overspending.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then you don't buy math.

The ONLY thing that adds to debt is underfunding which leads to borrowing. It is irrelevant whether that underfunding came from overspending or undertaxing.

The republican irresponsibility here is the notion that if you just cut income, then expenses will go away. It's absurd and has failed dramatically. Specific spending cuts have to be made along with the tax cuts or they just make the deficit spending problem worse and add to the debt.

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

To bad nobody has the balls to cut any spending. I guess the Evil Rich people will just have to bail us out...

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Apparently you haven't checked the value of the dollar in the last 40 years.

5. red55

You win the prize for lamest response in the thread.

Followed by a candidate for lamest attempt to make a point.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I understand the concpet, but my point is that if you are going to cut taxes, then cuts must be made.....

IMO, taxes aren't the problem, is the spending issue out of a government that is out of control.

7. wmcfer17

wmcfer17 Mr. Manageable

That's the issue out their. Why not cut the taxes or atleast let them explain where the hell the money that we pay goes.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I'm sorry you can't follow very simple principles. For whatever reason you think things have to more complicated than they are.

It's the complication that has this country falling to ****.

And by the way, nice response. You have finally stooped to the level of those that like to name call rather than debate. ;)

9. red55

Are you sure that you are a republican? Because that's not what they did. They simply cut taxes (income) while increasing non-military spending immensely and adding two expensive wars on top of it. They never cut a thing. They just borrowed money instead to cover the lost income.

Meanwhile that lost income went to the richest, who have increased the gap between them and the middle class, and they did not create jobs with this new wealth. We lost a ton of jobs under the republicans, most sent overseas.

Then cut spending first. Don't make the problem worse by cutting income of expenditures that you are required by law to spend. But the Republicans don't do that. It would be unpopular to cut services, so they just curry favor with voters and cut taxes leaving expenditures intact and we go into debt. Are you sure that you are a republican?

10. red55

Sorry, random statements are not debate.