Teams going into 2005 with an honest shot at the national title

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I'm still waiting too. btw, USucks just scored again. :hihi:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Michigan not in the top 11 was a surprise. Iowa is probably about right. Ferentz has something cooking out there.

The thing to realize is the ultra huge gap between USC and everyone else.

At this point it just feels like a race to see who will lose to USC in the Rose Bowl and by how much.

Things can change, however.

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

You guys realize without USC we would have had TWO peaceful years of CFB... then again they do bring some talent to the table. I would just love to meet these west coast jokes in Pasadena and put a good ole fashion SEC ass cuttin' on them. They lucked out the last two years getting Big10 and Big12 teams to beat up on... I can feel this one brewin' guys... THE END OF A DYNASTY and THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ONE...

Geaux Tiger, Rose Bowl '05 just 351 days away

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The thing that makes me laugh is how 90% of all football fans and media guys will forget about USC's first 12 games last year and focus only on the Orange Bowl. As another very observant poster noted on a thread, USC came awfully close to losing 5 games this past season. Sure they pummeled OU in the OB, but that was the abberation in my opinion. No one is going to just hand them their championship next year, they will have to fight for it and they will be challenged in several games I believe.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Tennessee has a good shot of winning the SEC...not the National Title.

Ainge finished quite average on many SEC levels (ie stat wise) and has yet to really prove that he can win a lot of games just yet.

I say they may go out with 1 loss but IMO 2 at the least