Teams that don't have a game scheduled on 9/04/04

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KLSU, Oct 14, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Does anyone know how far in advance those "kickoff classic" games are scheduled? Could/would we be a candidate for one of those?

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I dont think so, I believe the powers that be tried to schedule the VT/LSU contest as a "classic" and were denied.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

you can throw out any big names because they will want a home and home, which can't be done because of the # of Saturdays in the season decreasing until 2007.

there are three teams on that list that could say yes to LSU depending on the payday: Ball St
    Bowling Green
    Southern Miss
    These teams thrive on the paydays they get from big schools, and would jump at the opportunity to play a big time program for recruiting purposes. Not to mention there is an outside shot of TV exposure for their teams. i would personally like to see Bowling Green because year in and year out they field a good team, and they contend with Marshall for the MAC crown.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

All three of those teams have full schedules, though.

5. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I still would like to see Nebraska......that would be cool.....

6. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

The problem with Nebraska is that they already have an away OOC game scheduled with Pittsburgh. They currently only have 5 home games, so the only way for this to work would be a home and home series with Nebraska whereby we play in Lincoln in '04 and BR in '05. I just don't see this happening, though.

7. KLSU

KLSU Founding Member

Why don't one of these big schools screw someone on their schedule

and play us instead. Va. Tech, BYU, & Marshall sure did!

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Skip

Is going to go to a louisiana school and play them like ULL or ULM again possibly La Tech again that is what he did this year with ULM and that is what he is going to do this next year.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That can't work ... we must replace VT with a home game in 04 to have 7 games.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I would much rather open the season with a team that has a good tradition & following. Enough of the cup cakes in the beginning of the season. I know Arizona was a good schedule when they made the game and that there program went down from that point on. I like A&M, Notre Dame, & Nebraska off that list and if these cant do it, try for that type of caliber as best we can.