Tebow Gets 1st Start

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Dec 18, 2010.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Per Adam Schefter on the ESPN crawl.

Starting against the Raiders in Oakland. Could get ugly. Real ugly.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Being that you are in Colorado, what's the thought up there about the state Josh McDaniels has left this once glorious organization in?

Does anyone ever wonder what this squad would be like if Shanahan, Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis were still there, minus Tebow, and having 3 draft picks they could use in his place?

It seems to me that in that division, if the Broncos still had Shanahan, Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis, they would definitely at least be competing for the division championship.

3. COTiger

To be honest, I don't follow the Broncos as closely as I did when #7 was the QB. When he retired after back-to-back Super Bowl wins I pretty much left the Broncos with him.

What I've read and heard is that hiring McDaniels was a colossal mistake. Word is he had lost the players and the coaches were fed up with his ego.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Dude, same exact thing. When I was a kid John Elway got his start, and I was a huge, huge Broncos fan mostly because of John Elway. There were some other players that I really liked, Sammy Winder, and Steve Watson, Mark Jackson, Karl Mecklenburg on defense and Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater came later, but he was my 2nd favorite Bronco next to #7.

I remember the Super Bowl losses to the Redskins, and 49ers. In the Skins game, if I remember correctly, Elway launced an 80 or so yard td on the first play from scrimmage, but then Doug Williams and the Redskins just took over and pretty much dominated. Then the 49ers just creamed the Broncos in the other one.

I stopped rooting for them when John retired. They got rid of Atwater too after that, and there was really no reason for me to watch them anymore.

What do you think they would be like if Elvis Dumervil was healthy and Shanahan was still the coach and Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis were still there?

That's why they have to look to Pat Bolen on this one. This one has to go on his shoulders, because he hired McDaniels, and McDaniels pretty much moved in, wrecked the entire house down to the foundation, and then got kicked out. Now you have nothing except Tim Tebow and Knowshon Moreno. Which could work eventually but they struggle on the line, they struggle at defense because Dumervil is out.

You are 100% correct though, they were soooooooooooooooooooo much more fun to watch when Elway was there. He is responsible for me loving the NFL.

5. COTiger

Oh yea, I remember all of the SB losses. I've been here since '72. To be honest, if the Broncos hadn't stumbled upon Terrell Davis, #7 might have hung it up without a SB trophy.

I'm not sure how much Bowlen is involved in the day-to-day operations these days. Word is he's suffering from dementia or Alzheimers. Will be interesting to see what they do in the off season.