Tebow mocked mercilessly by minor league team

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Jun 19, 2017.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I debated on whether or not to post this because I didn't want to upset @tirk but since it's on off day between games and not a lot happening, maybe some would find it mildly interesting.

If it was anyone else besides a Florida alum, I would say this is kind of Bush league. Once or twice, ok so what. But this kind of crosses the line. But since he went to FU and this will probably piss off everyone on the FU campus, I'm ok with it.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/new...colombia-fireflies/10b0i2jr16k0n1c7zn32wfqdug

watson1880 and Bengal B like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What's next for St. Tim? Maybe he should try hockey. Or maybe he can convince an owner to give him a NASCAR ride. Tennis anyone?

watson1880 likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That was probably Mike Veeck's idea though I wouldn't put it past one of their owners, Bill Murray. Yes. That Bill Murray.

Both Veeck and Murray do a lot of crazy things during games. It's one of the reasons that team has done well in Charleston. It's one of the best experiences I've had in a minor league park.

Great venue!!! Overlooking the water...ocean breeze at night...it's not the best baseball in the world, no doubt. But, I've stopped there many times and watched, had a few cold beers, and enjoyed some beautiful evenings.

Quite the ladies crowds as well, if I may add one sidenote.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw the story on my Scores app and there was a meme of Bill Murray on it but I didn't know why.

Mike Veeck must be the son of Bill Veeck who did things like Disco Night at Comisky Park where any fan who brought a disco record got in free. Then they had to postpone the game after they burned 10,000 disco records and made the field unplayable.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017