Tebow's SEC rushing TD record a farce

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Nov 1, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Tebow tied and then broke Herschel Walker's SEC record for career TDs yesterday.

What most people don't know and the telecast didn't even bring up is the fact that Walker scored 5 TDs in bowl games in his career but the SEC/NCAA did not count that as part of your career stats.

Now they do. So all the rushing TDs that Tebow has garnered in SEC CG play as well as bowl play should not count as well, or better yet just adjust the books to show the 5 TDs by Walker.

What a stupid world we live in.

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Walker did it in 3 years. Tebow 4.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I agree with you in principle, but.

lets take away all BOTH of Tebow's postseason rushing TDs, and he's still tied with Walker.

of course any TD Tebow scored in game 12 of the season shouldn't count either since Herschel only played 11 game seasons.

this to me is no different than that asterisk crap that was attached to Roger Maris for so long.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

they mentioned it on espn every day last week, on gameday, and when he broke the record - they pointed it out on your tv screen.

agreed.

;)

they need to go back and count bowl games.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Walker did all his scoring in 3 years also, Tebow in 4. You can't take away the fact that the guy has been unstopable. Sometimes i can't for the life of me understand why he has been so unstopable. He is just a big meat head that runs ok, and throws ok. Yet he can't be stopped. I for one am going to be stoked that he is gone after this season. What are the Gaytors going to do on 3rd and 4th and short next season? Not to mention most of their offensive line is going to be gone. That offense is going to have issues next season.