Ted Cruz and the Presidency

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 23, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If he was born in Canada, how is it possible for him to run for President? I mean don't get me wrong I hope he does, he is the turtle wax for the republican party, he really makes that crazy shine. Electing Ted Cruz would be the equivalent to electing Donald Trump. He is either a science denying dumb ass moron, or a shill.

I am gonna need him to produce his birth certificate though.

Tiger in NC and red55 like this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Lots of adjectives there.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Me too! I want to see the Birth Certificate......and not the "fake" one either....the REAL one! This makes me think he must be a Canadian sympathizer.....you think the South American Immigration issue has been tough to deal with.....just wait until we've got 8 million Canadians who are pouring over the border with their French accents.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

He is an immigrant who hates immigrants. He is like those closeted gay judges that speak out against homosexuality.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea. He probably had to do it the legal way. The horror.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Be careful Cruz is a smart SOB. I wouldn't treat him lightly. That being said he would be a Republican Obama...a doctrinaire who would do more harm than good.
    My hope is that a smart potential more moderate Republican would use him as Clinton did sista soulja. Unfortunately I have no clue if one exists

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He's not an immigrant, lol.

"While it is possible to trace the origins of the Natural Born Citizenship Clause, it is harder to determine its intended scope—who did the framers mean to exclude from the presidency by this language? The Naturalization Act of 1790 probably constitutes the most significant evidence available. Congress enacted this legislation just three years after the drafting of the Constitution, and many of those who voted on it had participated in the Constitutional Convention. The act provided that “children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond the sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural-born citizens.”

There is no record of discussion of the term natural born citizen, but it is reasonable to conclude that the drafters believed that foreign-born children of American parents who acquired citizenship at birth could and should be deemed natural born citizens."

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/...-born-citizen-eligible-to-serve-as-president/

LSUDad likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

he looks stupid and sounds stupid

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Watch Jindal try to get to the right of Cruz. The Kingpiyush has become really desperate for attention lately, saying all kind of stupid things.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

He wasn't actually born here though, so im gonna need to see his birth certificate.