Ted Cruz and the Presidency

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 23, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That song predated 9/11 by maybe a decade or more. There were plenty after. Hell I think Toby Keith made 10 of em.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

lol, you are crazy

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

"Federal lawmakers and their staffers are required to enroll in these Obamacare plans, thanks to an amendment sponsored by Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA)."

5. red55

Another Republican.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You sound very partisan today.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@red55 is always partisan but tries to hide under the fig leaf that he would vote R if a good candidate was on the ballot. Maybe if Obama switched parties but really I think he'd find fault somewhere.

8. red55

You really shouldn't talk about things you don't know squat about. I voted for Reagan, Bush I, Bush II (a mistake), and Jindal ( a mistake). I've voted for a lot of Republicans. But recently they have been mistakes and I don't plan on repeating them any time soon. The GOP has changed significantly and is goose-stepping further to the right. This is not Ronald Reagan's Republican party. I'm not a democrat, never have been, and I dislike much of the democrats platform. I despised Teddy Kennedy and his whole wing of the party. But the democrats are far closer to the center than the Republicans, smarter, and far more pragmatic right now.

Don't pretend that you are non-partisan. You shill loudly for the Republicans. Have you ever voted for a democrat?

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

WRONG Red I am a conservative. Couldn't vote for W in 04 (R Paul).
    Voted for Clinton in 96 and EWE a couple of times. Also Mary Landrieu even this time. I was holding my nose when I voted for McCain.

More so I vote for competent people (I was fooled by Jindal too). You're right about RR & Bush 1. I find much of the D leadership (Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Warren) dangerous as they keep pushing for more government intervention into our lives. I find our current president not only as incompetent as W but left leaning and fundamentally dishonorable. His actions in foreign policy have left us in a much weaker position with our allies and if he is telling the truth about supporting Palestinian statehood in the UN he should be impeached (I know he can't be).

I would never vote for Cruz or most of those running today. I really like John Huntsman and had hope for Romney. I Guess I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jeb shows better.

You apparently are so fixated on my criticism of the president that you overlook the times I have leveled criticism at the extreme right. You'd be surprised I support amnesty for those illegally here (with stronger control of future borders) including a path to citizenship (any one who serves in the military should gain citizenship on honorable discharge). I support LBGT marriage legalized Marijuana, I bel every gun purchase should be registered and a gun safety course required before taking ownership.

I'm a proud conservative in the true meaning of the term. BTW you accuse me of being a shill for the Rs when have you found fault with Obama? Pot meet kettle.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

very true. have you listened to jfk's speech to the economic club of new york?

both parties have drifted way off in the weeds. no wonder election turnout is so low.